I got hooked

maxaldo

I have just got back from a fishing trip in the lakes, it **** it down every day and i had dreadful sessions of fishing, to make matters worse, my friend who was on the fly, hooked me with a fly which was tied to a barbed hook, the hook went into my cheek about 2 cm under my eye and felt almost impossible to get out, although i managed it in the end, luckily the hook didn't cause to much damage with the barb on the way back out, it wasn't my friends fault, although he did feel bad, but i walked behind him while he was casting, happily oblivious to the danger and thought nothing of it as i'd never been in a predicament like this yet. I regretted that :D .

Has anyone lese had some fishing mishaps such as this one?

ta

The maxster

Yep- Received a 9.5' fly rod right across the chest as the guy I was approaching started his cast. He had onehellofa birdsnest after. To this day I will not offer to let anyone in on the fly that is catching. He sure taught me a lesson. :)

At least you still have your eye. You should have left it in. I see all sorts with metal hanging out of their faces.

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

I caught my mate in the cheek, it was my fualt and he hasnt let me forget it!!!

Always wear your poleriods and a hat!!!

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

ya i was fishing on a lake in connemarra and i had a long cast out and when i back cast the wind pushed it back towards me therefore not letting the line straightin out behind you and the hook sunk into the back of my head..not pleasant...!

"two men were standing on the bank of the river and one says to the other"how can i catch a fish?? and the other replied "you keep your bait in the water!!!"

ya i was fishing on a lake in connemarra and i had a long cast out and when i back cast the wind pushed it back towards me therefore not letting the line straightin out behind you and the hook sunk into the back of my head..not pleasant...!

A colapsed cast is what causes a lot of that type of accident so is a bad pick up off the surface, hence the poleriods and hat.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Managed to whack myself in the back of the head with a cats, on my last outing, felt like i had been shot with an airgun

Bin there and done that as well :D smarts a bit :lol:

انا آكل كل الفطائر

The easyist way to get a hook out is to push the hook through your skin so the barb is out in the open ,and then cut the hook so the barbed end is gone, then its a matter of sliding the hook back and out, but always get it looked at as infection could be dangerous from water bourne bacteria <_<