Are you an old angler who has a beard...?

Dave H

Tried many times, but never managed it. Something genetic I was told. Have managed a small moustache though

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Yes,I'm over 60 and I have a beard, but I've had it since I was a young'un,

Used to shave it off in hot weather, don't bother any more.

Nothing secreted away in there.

It's hardly perplexing though surely? There comes a point when you realise that daily shaving is a perpetual waste of time.

My whiskers are pretty much white these days - don't wanna look like Santa!

What puzzles me is the itchiness; at most, a weeks growth and I'm literally itching to shave it off. Does the discomfort lessen as it grows out, beard wearers?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

What puzzles me is the itchiness; at most, a weeks growth and I'm literally itching to shave it off. Does the discomfort lessen as it grows out, beard wearers?

I had one back in the 80s, the result of a fortnight on the Broads, and trying to shave in a confined space, that swayed every time a boat went past. I got sick of mopping up the blood.

I had to shave it off in the mid 90s, when I had an operation on my neck, and never grew it back. Like Rob, my whiskers have gone white, and even a couple of days growth has the family calling me Santa, or even worse Compo!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Only 28 but ive got a beard of sorts, been a few months since last shave so its not as glorious as before :D its laziness more than anything. Though I do benefit from it during the winter along with my 3ft long pony tail that doubles as a scarf.

I used to stash my sugar puffs in mines.

30470_400182264583_7810566_n_zpsfc776919

The itching subsides after a few days.

• Like 1

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I still resemble my avatar photo - just a bit older.

I also have one since daily shaving is a bother I can easily live without. Now I just trim it when I trim my hair so once or twice a month or so. Same setting on the clippers.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President