Bangor University Welsh Sustainable Sea Fisheries Project - Feedback Requests

gmonkman

As well as Wales everyone is looking at bass now it seems.

England: http://randd.defra.gov.uk/Default.aspx?Menu=Menu&Module=More&Location=None&Completed=2&ProjectID=18963

Ireland: http://www.fisheriesireland.ie/Projects/national-bass-programme.html

1240102_446673628780760_636092665_n.jpg

Member States to look at what other factors would need to be considered to develop long term management plans for bass such as gear selectivity and discards and recreational angling catches.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

really, when you get off the personals, you can start posting up something that you may know something about and will help within the angling scene. Unfortunately this uni count on the bass had been hijacked on release by those who have an agenda to offer up pointless and worthless restrictions on the rsa without considering the picture.

Ices already do a rather good job on the stock count. The last two years there has been warnings issued by ices and they are looking for a reduction in the take. The uk commercial fleet, split equally into 3 parts trawling, netting and line caught is a healthy and sustainable attitude have already offered up technical methods to address the shortage. The likes of the trust and bass wish to see it heavily curtailed. However again, the likes of bass and the trust also want to go further and impose the Irish model on the uk fishery that will again only cause resentment and is not fit for purpose. The reason being is the French take of the same stock is massive compared to the uk's. Ok,

This is the very first post re the uni count, as you will see it's loaded with a pre-agenda regardless of the result. To date I have seen no rebuttal. I don't wish to go out on a charter boat and start sending bass back dead because of bleeding from the gills after I have achieved me quota, that isn't the sport that I know and it will achive diddly squatt, what do you say :

One does not have to read many of your posts to see that your default position is to reject any attempt to assess fish stocks, and any legislation to reduce overfishing, while blaming all ills on foreigners. Hence you are the Unrebuttable.

One does not have to read many of your posts to see that your default position is to reject any attempt to assess fish stocks, and any legislation to reduce overfishing, while blaming all ills on foreigners. Hence you are the Unrebuttable.

yet another load of nothing added, read my last post, i'm sure I mentioned the work that ices do and have explained the reason why the uni work is flawed and not worth the print ink, i'll have a look if the caveat is removed, until then, no chance.

I reject any interference into my sport that is worthless, pointless, non-targeted and will not be fit for purpose and will affect the lively hoods of those business's who are part of a successful entity. I condemn those who poke their noses in and class, claim it as enhancing the angling scene, it don't and won't. Plain enough? if so move on and give us something positive to enhance the angling scene.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

this is not my text clearly and is just one piece of fact why the uni collecting evidence has strings attached. Add this to the French take and you will understand why all this so called management work on the uk bass restriction will be pointless. If you disagree then put up or shut up.

quote Mr Derriman in reply to mr norseman representing BASS:

– I am slightly bemused that you state that “BASS are calling for an increase in MLS……………..not [to be] reserved solely for sports fishing…..” . Malcolm Gilbert in particular, but also Leon Roskilly and other well-known angling reps have voiced the same opinion to me at every opportunity over 20 years, that bass should be reserved for recreational use only.
Malcolm and I first had that discussion at a meeting in 1992 or 1993 in Marazion, Cornwall where he and two or three other bass angling enthusiasts made it plain to me that their ultimate aim was to make bass around the UK a recreational species only. I gave Malcolm a list of MAFF (as it then was) officers contact details, as I explained the task was going to be an uphill one, and that the Minister would be the eventual decision maker. Interstingly, the BASS Bass Management Plan itself, hints extremely strongly at the concept of a recreational species only in several places, with addition that a few commercial line boats could be accommodated also.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

yet another load of nothing added, read my last post, i'm sure I mentioned the work that ices do and have explained the reason why the uni work is flawed and not worth the print ink, i'll have a look if the caveat is removed, until then, no chance.

I reject any interference into my sport that is worthless, pointless, non-targeted and will not be fit for purpose and will affect the lively hoods of those business's who are part of a successful entity. I condemn those who poke their noses in and class, claim it as enhancing the angling scene, it don't and won't. Plain enough? if so move on and give us something positive to enhance the angling scene.

You've summed yourself up quite well - if Barry doesn't like Barry rejects, so there!

If you genuinely regard ICES data you will know that bass stocks are presently declining, and that recreational catches are unknown. Therefore the Bangor study and similar ones are worthwhile. I very much doubt you have any qualifications to equip you to judge whether a piece of research is flawed.

You've summed yourself up quite well - if Barry doesn't like Barry rejects, so there!

If you genuinely regard ICES data you will know that bass stocks are presently declining, and that recreational catches are unknown. Therefore the Bangor study and similar ones are worthwhile. I very much doubt you have any qualifications to equip you to judge whether a piece of research is flawed.

still nothing of any use from yourself. how can research be flawed, it's still on going, what I have said and you have missed, ignored is that the research has been hijacked by those who have a pre-considered agenda, get it right. And yes ices have indicated the stock has diminished and again you ignore or miss the point that the commercial sector in the uk are addressing that point. What will happen if these so called do gooders have brought in legislation that is not targeted, worthless, not fit for purpose and the stock shows signs of improvement the following year without intervention just like the eel take ban in the uk? All it will do is offer up permanent resentment towards those who have poked their noses in, in the first place as they will never rescind their involvement or ask for the pointless worthless legislation to be removed, the eel take ban is a perfect example of their incompetence and single minded secular ideal.

Edited by barry luxton

still nothing of any use from yourself. how can research be flawed, it's still on going, what I have said and you have missed, ignored is that the research has been hijacked by those who have a pre-considered agenda, get it right. And yes ices have indicated the stock has diminished and again you ignore or miss the point that the commercial sector in the uk are addressing that point. What will happen if these so called do gooders have brought in legislation that is not targeted, worthless, not fit for purpose and the stock shows signs of improvement the following year without intervention just like the eel take ban in the uk? All it will do is offer up permanent resentment towards those who have poked their noses in, in the first place as they will never rescind their involvement or ask for the pointless worthless legislation to be removed, the eel take ban is a perfect example of their incompetence and single minded secular ideal.

You mean nothing that agrees with your biased views. What is all this paranoia about an agenda? I don't see commercial fishing doing anything to conserve stocks that the law does not demand of it, which isn't enough if ICES data is to go by. In short barry, anything which stops you doing exactly what you want to do is likely to get your goat. There are of course plenty like you. Fortunately few in any position of power take any notice.

Edited by polaris

ohh dear, biased am I, paranoid, while you ignore what I have put up re the responsible uk commercial bass fishery, you point out that they are irresponsible according to the science. Your assuming anecdotally that there's lots of the likes of myself being ignored, I have demonstrated that those who have poked their nose in for more than 20 years haven't achieved their goal of pointless rsa legislation, thank goodness for that. Do you actually go fishing, got any photo's, captures, releases?

Anything of value, or more assumption?

Another angler's perspective, yup hopefully there's a lot of them around:

but since the simple act of going fishing has been dragged down by politics, anglers have been pestered to death by groups demanding that they want to "protect" us............. now its got to the stage where we might need protecting, not from the powers that be, but from the orgs that are playing silly buggers that are power mad and pester us to shell out our cash........... to me that's no different to protection racketeering. I have fished for seventy years, course, game and sea without being fecked about by anyone and conducted myself in responsible manner. .......... the fact is, now I see angling to be hardly worth the hassell, all due to people 'p' with importance making a bloody nuisance of themselves . now for once think about it before you tell me i'm wrong.

ohh dear, biased am I, paranoid, while you ignore what I have put up re the responsible uk commercial bass fishery, you point out that they are irresponsible according to the science. Your assuming anecdotally that there's lots of the likes of myself being ignored, I have demonstrated that those who have poked their nose in for more than 20 years haven't achieved their goal of pointless rsa legislation, thank goodness for that. Do you actually go fishing, got any photo's, captures, releases?

Anything of value, or more assumption?

:lol:

It's like watching a rhino trying to catch its tail. What's going fishing and photography got to do with it all? I haven't ignored anything you say - you haven't actually said anything.