Bangor University Welsh Sustainable Sea Fisheries Project - Feedback Requests

gmonkman

Another angler's perspective, yup hopefully there's a lot of them around:

but since the simple act of going fishing has been dragged down by politics, anglers have been pestered to death by groups demanding that they want to "protect" us............. now its got to the stage where we might need protecting, not from the powers that be, but from the orgs that are playing silly buggers that are power mad and pester us to shell out our cash........... to me that's no different to protection racketeering. I have fished for seventy years, course, game and sea without being fecked about by anyone and conducted myself in responsible manner. .......... the fact is, now I see angling to be hardly worth the hassell, all due to people 'p' with importance making a bloody nuisance of themselves . now for once think about it before you tell me i'm wrong.

I've thought about it barry - and you're wrong.

PS Doesn't need much thinking about to be honest

:lol:

It's like watching a rhino trying to catch its tail. What's going fishing and photography got to do with it all? I haven't ignored anything you say - you haven't actually said anything.

I wanted you to confirm that you actually go fishing, you certainly know nothing of the subject matter, as you have not put one sentence up that confirms that you do, your a wind up merchant with nothing else in the pot.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I wanted you to confirm that you actually go fishing, you certainly know nothing of the subject matter, as you have not put one sentence up that confirms that you do, your a wind up merchant with nothing else in the pot.

I rather think I know somewhat more than you. Of course I go fishing. What would be the point of posting on this forum? How about you?

your still banging on about nothing, the short time you have been on a n you have posted nothing but dirge mate, are you here just to troll?

If you class yourself as a brainiac, lets see you using some of it and post something of substance. Lets have a nice bassy discussion then where do you wish to start at the important sharp end where it's all clogged up? Or down at the bottom of the pile where the likes of the trust want to see legislation and restriction? your choice.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

your still banging on about nothing, the short time you have been on a n you have posted nothing but dirge mate, are you here just to troll?

If you class yourself as a brainiac, lets see you using some of it and post something of substance. Lets have a nice bassy discussion then where do you wish to start at the important sharp end where it's all clogged up? Or down at the bottom of the pile where the likes of the trust want to see legislation and restriction? your choice.

:lol: :lol:

Trolling is your forte cap'n. It's pointless anyone arguing with you. I don't suppose I'm the first to point out that rationality is not your strong point. You are the unrebuttable, the insubstantial, the anti-intellectual. Nothing anyone says matters a jot. You are unmoveable. You are Pugwash, only without the reflectiveness. You are, in your defence, quite amusing though. :lol:

yet more rubbish from you, absolutely nothing in your armoury whatsoever. Thought we would have a decent discussion, obviously your not up for it.

barry,

Let me jump in for a moment. First, let me say I STRONGLY support traditional occupations. Austin Goldsmith says, "£ 320 A fair days pay with relatively low impact on the resourse." (how come you don't like him?)

I concur - tradition trumps the EU in traditional waters. But 85% of the fish bought in the UK are imported. Who's gonna keep the Asians out if not the EU?

Over here, in the USA where a number of recreationally important species are managed primarily for sportfishing it has worked out really well. Commercial guys simply became "guides" at a far greater return on investment and overall income. Is that possible with "your babies"?

Maybe this should be a new thread. Not sure it has anything to do with the thread title.

Phone

Edited by Phone

barry,

Let me jump in for a moment. First, let me say I STRONGLY support traditional occupations. Austin Goldsmith says, "£ 320 A fair days pay with relatively low impact on the resourse." (how come you don't like him?)

I concur - tradition trumps the EU in traditional waters. But 85% of the fish bought in the UK are imported. Who's gonna keep the Asians out if not the EU?

Over here, in the USA where a number of recreationally important species are managed primarily for sportfishing it has worked out really well. Commercial guys simply became "guides" at a far greater return on investment and overall income. Is that possible with "your babies"?

Maybe this should be a new thread. Not sure it has anything to do with the thread title.

Phone

austin would close down the commercial bass fishing in a hart beat, although it's a common resource, the're stealing his fish so he will come unemployed. He has put up a barrier between his opinion and that of commercial and other interests. He deletes opinion that he don't agree with, the same as the trust and co so they are right and every one else is wrong.

The bass shortage can be dealt with in days, not weeks or years. At present it's held up because of infighting. There has been technical measures put up to address the shortage, Unfortunately the French want a tac on the stock, most don't because the French have a massive take compared with the uk and low and behold, if and when the share out happens it will go to the French based on their take. Much the same when they ended up with the majority of the cod take in the channel between both countries. So according to the French it has nothing to do with looking after the stock, that's the last thing on their mind. It took the e u and the rest more than ten years of managing the management for the eel take ban to come in on those who had the least impact, yet commercially fishing continues. Nice the see the eel has made a strong come back in the uk this year without all of the eu's assistance. You have a highly regulated fishery, every one happy with it? Tell me why I need my sport to be highly regulated, I can go out and catch fish without governments' looking over my shoulder, telling me how, why do I need the assistance and the eu's? And in the mean time there's measures afoot to regulate us guys at the low end of the chain who have low impact on the stock as Austin tells us, they wish to see loads of their style of management that will not have anything to do with stock improvement.

There import and export of uk fish and the dregs left for the home market care of the e u is another subject phone.

Good afternoon, sorry not had chance to contribute to this fast moving thread, i'm currently in the middle of writing up what results I have got for this small bit of the study.

Hope to be able to give some feedback in about a month and a 1/2 and would also hope to be able to respond to some of the opinions expressed. It is important to us that we address any concerns, hopefully even if individuals have issue with contributing to the fisheries data, then they can perceive a value in getting involved with economic surveys.

There is also some data coming out of the biological sample work headed by Giulia which we shall also make available - this will help give a very clear idea to anglers what the data outputs will look like.

Good to know that people at least feel very strongly about their fishing and the fish they fish for!