Should we join forces with the Countryside Alliance?

Peter Waller

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham

The ban would be policed the same as the hunt ban will be.

Practically impossible for hunting impossible for angling.

Peter

Last week you could still buy land with hunting and shooting rights.

Ok I'll bite. Which crap?

This seems to be turning into a hunting verses fishing thread now.

I don't hunt foxes but I do fish.

I object to peoples civil liberties being taken away by goverments supposedly acting on behalf of us.

This hunting ban affects more than just hunting. How can point to point continue?

To qualify the horses had to have been on hunts a minimum number of times throughout the season.

Mark

Alan Stubbs:

people's memories aren't sufficiently short to have forgotten the rabbelasian behaviour at the CA march on Westminster where the world and his wife showed standards of conduct rather like the poll tax riots...the CA's response was pretty much to justify what happened.

So what would anglers do if they were threatened with a ban?

Meanwhile, despite a lot of people trying to bring this thread back to the top, hardly anybody(about 1% of AN members) can be bothered to vote on the issue!

The general feeling is that anglers are so divided with regards their own passtime that it is pointless trying to get them on board.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest sslatter

northernmark: "Graham-The ban would be policed the same as the hunt ban will be.Practically impossible for hunting impossible for angling."

Well.. I agree on the angling part [which makes all the scaremongering null and void btw], but hunting with hounds? "Practically impossible" to police? I think you'll find it's eminently possible to police, in fact, quite easy.

[ 18. February 2005, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Graham. X ]

Jim Roper:

quote:

[

So what would anglers do if they were threatened with a ban?

Meanwhile, despite a lot of people trying to bring this thread back to the top, hardly anybody(about 1% of AN members) can be bothered to vote on the issue!

The general feeling is that anglers are so divided with regards their own passtime that it is pointless trying to get them on board. [/QB]

A propos your comment about what anglers would do if they were faced with a ban....

A march is fine, but CA march on London got out of hand, and they tried to defend that. The march needed no defence - it was legal and well intentioned, it is the aftermath and the CAA's reaction that annoyed me and until they get rid of Charles Jardine as their mouthpiece /rectum (delete as you see fit) I want nothing to do with them.

I have seen angling help the CA through sheer numbers, but am forced to ask where the reciprocation is? I expect a very long silence before I get an answer - assuming I get an honest one.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

For the horse to be eligible to enter the point to point it has to have taken part in some ( I can't remember the number off the top of my head ) hunts throughout the hunting season.

They probably wont bother with this eligibility anymore otherwise they would lose the point to point.

Mark

quote:

Originally posted by Alan Stubbs:

I have seen angling help the CA through sheer numbers, but am forced to ask where the reciprocation is? I expect a very long silence before I get an answer - assuming I get an honest one. [/QB]

Presumably by campaining on angling issues! What else do you think they would, will, are doing?

Tim

Graham

Angling could quite easily be banned, enforcing the ban would be a different matter altogether.

How could you police a group of folk out on horseback, perhaps running some dogs perhaps not.

What if no animal was chased, wouldn't this be a gross waste of police time and money.

Or maybe not after the apple eating incident.

Mark

Alan Stubbs:

A march is fine, but CA march on London got out of hand, and they tried to defend that. The march needed no defence -

There was no march, just a meeting in the square.

From what I could see from the other side of the square, the people up against the barracades got pushed forward from behind, because of the sheer numbers, and the policewomen in charge, pannicked. The reaction to the baton use, was what was filmed.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net