Should we join forces with the Countryside Alliance?

Peter Waller

Dear All,

X Said;

"This is just getting plain silly. Can any of you pro-hunters tell me how any proposed ban on angling would be policed? Because I can't see it happening, a ban would be totally unworkable and un-policeable..

Think about it."

If angling got banned I suspect the tackle trade would die a death instantly. Hand guns got banned so the sale of hand guns and ammo were also banned. Imagine how quickly supplies of tackle and sundries dry up when nothing else is available on sale to replace them? Bans on foriegn tackle imports? Bans on bait?

Closing down the tackle trade with a ban implemented in tangent with a ban on angling would effectively police any such fishing ban rather well don't you think X?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly T.B., could you really see the government banning fishing along with all the related business' i.e. manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, fishery owners etc. as well as all the related industries?

Just ain't gonna happen.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Dear Ant,

Its unthinkable to consider a government banning angling with all the related business' i.e. manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, as well as all the related industries?

Codswallop. If governments can effectively ban a whole nations mining industry, fishing industry, ship building industry with all the related business' i.e. manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, as well as all the related industries, I should think getting rid of angling would be a doddle.

Then again governments ain't all bad. They've just introduced tough new laws so courts can lock up the anti extremists. Looks like X and Pete might now reconsider dying their hair red.

Anyone want to buy a clapped out hunter, saddle and daft red coat? Got no use for mine anymore so they are going for a song.

Start the bids off with a quid anyone? X?

Regards,

Lee.

Guest sslatter

You know, I do wonder about the agenda of some so-called "anglers" on this site. They just seem content to sow the seeds of discontent- hunters first, shooters second, and angling seems to come a very distant third in their list of priorities.

You should try some fishing barbie.. might get rid of some of that bitter cud you keep ruminating.

If you're not sure how to go about it, IYCF would be your best bet- plenty of tips for the novice. Just don't treat the fish the same way you treat birds and other mammals that shall remain nameless.

Dear X,

I'll have you know X I used to "tret" birds very nicely. Box of chocs on the first date whether they were a dead cert or not! Mammals? OK, so some weren’t that pretty.

Barbie goes fishing quite a lot X. So do I in the same frocks. I'm also Guinness not bitter.

I do miss shooting though.

Hop, skip, jump, BANG, dead.

Mind you, I do look dapper sat fishing in my red coat and riding hat. Might not sell it after all.

Guest sslatter

trent "barbeler".. what is it that you actually want? You know, why are you here? You know you've lost the foxhunting debate, so what purpose does your one long diatribe have? Because you're just coming over as a bitter and twisted sore loser.

Get over it.

Sorry T.B. but I still don't see it happening. You'd be talking about literaly millions of rather pi$sed voters.

I'd take a guess that every person in the UK knows someone that is involved in angling in some degree. There are a few that would like to see angling banned but they are never going to out number the masses.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Dear X

"trent "barbeler".. what is it that you actually want? You know, why are you here? You know you've lost the foxhunting debate, so what purpose does your one long diatribe have?"

I've gone and forgot.

But winding you up will do till I remember. How am I doing so far?

Guest sslatter

You're not winding me up in the least. The only one who's getting wound up is yourself, and that cannot be good for your health.

You surely realise the damage you're doing to yourself, let alone the damage you're doing angling?

Dear Ant,

"Sorry T.B. but I still don't see it happening. You'd be talking about literaly millions of rather pi$sed voters.

I'd take a guess that every person in the UK knows someone that is involved in angling in some degree. There are a few that would like to see angling banned but they are never going to out number the masses."

The masses, around 60 million of them, don't give a donkies dangly about us anglers. They probably think we are a bunch of Spike Milligan types sat out in the rain muttering mad eyed at bobbing floats. If a government banned us would anyone notice we'd gone?

Regards,

Lee.