Do they ever learn

ridgeacre

Personally i only believe half of what i read in the press.

Sadly in this blokes case if only half is true he is still a prat.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nige hasnt been with masterline for quite some time and its really nice to know that I share a forum with such paragons of virtue that exist here. :rolleyes:

From the tone of your post, am I right in thinking that you condone his actions Mark?

And if so, is this also the view of the PAC?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

From the tone of your post, am I right in thinking that you condone his actions Mark?

And if so, is this also the view of the PAC?

John.

dont be so bloody ridiculous of course i dont condone what he did, but if you had done it, it wouldnt be spread all over the internet for people that dont know you or have ever even met you to pass comment. And of course everyone on here is as pure as the driven snow :rolleyes:

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

dont be so bloody ridiculous of course i dont condone what he did, but if you had done it, it wouldnt be spread all over the internet for people that dont know you or have ever even met you to pass comment. And of course everyone on here is as pure as the driven snow :rolleyes:

I don't know who you hang out with or your own moral standards but I reckon most on hear have not committed fraud. And I would also suggest that most have never committed a criminal offence. The majority of the population as you put it are “as pure as the driven snow”

So when we see a high profile Angler committing not one but two offences we get rattled.

He is a fool and should have any privilege afforded him by his celebrity status removed.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Guest tigger
I don't know who you hang out with or your own moral standards but I reckon most on hear have not committed fraud. And I would also suggest that most have never committed a criminal offence. The majority of the population as you put it are “as pure as the driven snow”

So when we see a high profile Angler committing not one but two offences we get rattled.

He is a fool and should have any privilege afforded him by his celebrity status removed.

Most people have broken the law in some way wether intensionally or unintensionally during their lifetime. Regarding Williams he's been punished end of story. I feel sorry for the person who bought the boat, just hope they get their cash back.

You can't brand a man forever just because he's been a Jack the lad at the end of the day it's not exactly the crime of the century just something that goes on everyday all over the country. Maybe he can't afford to pay his gas/electric bill with all the prices going sky high :o:rolleyes::lol:

I find my bills a bit heavy Tigs, does that mean it is OK for me to make a false insurance claim? Anyone want some cheap rods?

Mark is right though, Williams deserved the bad publicity re the transporting fish incident, but the "simple" case of a carefully planned and executed fraud should be allowed to pass without comment................................

I fail to see the difference between him and any other minor celeb........you live by publicity.................you die by publicity.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Nige hasnt been with masterline for quite some time and its really nice to know that I share a forum with such paragons of virtue that exist here. :rolleyes:

Its not that we are paragons of virtue but he has been convicted of two criminal activities, either one of them would have caused me to lose my job. There are paralles here with joey barton who has kept his career and there are many who want to play down what he has done. Nige has not been convicted of driving at 35 in a 30, he hasn't nicked 6 pence worth of sweets from his local sweet shop as a 10 year old, he has stolen nearly 5 grand on top of his previous conviction and i don't want to see his mug grining out from a angling mag any more. :angry:

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I wasn't aware I was being "bloody ridiculous", that was never my intent.

You maybe standing up for a friend, but that friend has made himself 'high profile' in his chosen field.

With that status comes a responsibility, to both angling and the people who look up to him, and read his articles. I feel that through his actions he has betrayed that position and those people.

Through my limited contact with those who bear the 'mantle' of 'celebrity' within angling, there seems to me to be those that wear it well, and retain what I believe are the ideals of angling. There are also those that are so focused on their goal, that angling appears to become just a means to boost their status and ego.

I have found this in all disciplines, from match anglers through to so called specimen hunters. Call it human nature if you wish, but it doesn't alter the fact that these people show angling in a bad light. Especially when their actions make the national press, who are usually only too willing to show anything negative about angling.

A good angler he may be, a good ambassador for angling, never.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest tigger
I fail to see the difference between him and any other minor celeb........you live by publicity.................you die by publicity.

Den

Yeah i would imagine he will die from this publicity(not actually die) , it would be wierd if it helped his career.....you never know :huh:

I find my bills a bit heavy Tigs, does that mean it is OK for me to make a false insurance claim? Anyone want some cheap rods?

Mark is right though, Williams deserved the bad publicity re the transporting fish incident, but the "simple" case of a carefully planned and executed fraud should be allowed to pass without comment................................

Den

+1

Stupid thing to do and I'm sure he's going to pay the price in many ways