New to fishing

joanne

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to AnglersNet Joanne. Admitting to being an Essex Girl does take some courage! The nearest I ever take a rod to Essex is just over the border, in Sudbury, a magical stretch of river. I'm sure that some tall, gallant Essex Boy will be able to help, just finding 'em is the problem.

many thanks for the reply, but I must add I am not a 'real' Essex girl!

I actually was born and bred in East London.

I am looking for lakes that are offer good fishing and not rivers.

However, I do appreciate your reply

joanne - welcome to you. I don't know your area so can't help out here but hopefully someone will.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Joanne,

How far from Braintree are you? There's a great looking lake near there called Gosfield. I've reccied it a few times but never fished. There's some big carp (Of course. :rolleyes: ) but I would think it must have decent coarse fish stocks as well because it used to have a big rep as a match venue.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Chigborough Lakes........ This is a RMC day ticket water. I'm afraid I don't know much about it other than there are some big tench in there. I tried it about 10 years ago but didn't catch much.

Oh yeah, I think they are at Molden or Malden or something like that.

hi Joanne and welcome. Have you tried Glouster park near Basildon.good alround fishery. As for around S-o-s not sure. hopefully Mat Hillman will see this thread as i now he lives your way

quote:

Oh yeah, I think they are at Molden or Malden or something like that.
thats Maldon Bally :D RMC have a few pit around Maldon all very good.

Slodger i had a look at Gosfieild last year and i think fishing no longer allowed any more it seems it's just water skiing.

[ 24. March 2005, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: paul.saunders ]

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

Hello to you all.

many thanks for the replies I have received on my post :)

I will do a search on the web for more details of Gosfield in Braintree and also Chigborough Lakes in Maldon.....hope I get some results

Please keep the advice coming

Cheers again

Joanne

Hello

Yes, i have fished mikes place at Glouster Park in Basildon and even though I never caught any fish, had a really nice time.

Mike was very friendly and very helpful to a novice like myself :)