New to fishing

joanne

Peter Waller:

Paul, why do you always talk in riddles? I mean, as a professional angling writer, surely you know the value of clarity?

I have come to the conclusion that he compiles cryptic crosswords for a living!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Joanne as Lyn says nice to see more girl power!!!

You will always get the help and advice you want,don't be afraid to ask even if you think its a stupid question,and it does help in you are a bit mad..... well at times.

Judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Hello all :)

Many thanks to you all who had replied to my post.

Yes, it does seem that most people on here know each other.....I feel like an alien! lol.

I will check out the places those of you have sent me :)

Hello to nurse Judy as well...I dont feel so out numbered now lol

Regards

Joanne

joanne:

Yes, it does seem that most people on here know each other ..... I feel like an alien! lol.

You will spend a bit of time feeling that way on any established forum but before very long, you'll get a feel for the regular posters (regular as in 'regularly post' rather than a comment on our personalities) and will begin to feel pretty much at home if the forum is one that suits you. Some will and some will not but all seem strange at first.

Imagine, if you will, how alien a poor old redneck fella from 3000 miles to your west felt at first. I didn't even really speak the language since it is well known that Brit & American are somewhat similar but no way the same language. :D

The first several months I was posting on here, I usually sent Elton an advance copy of what I intended to say and asked if

1) it made sense to him

2) it was likely to offend anyone

Only after he vetted the comments would I post them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Dear Peter,

"Yes, we are a friendly bunch but there is a degree of good natured (!) rivalry between those who support the Countryside Alliance and those who don't,"

If nothing else, you remain the eternal opportunist Peter never missing the opportunity to write the wonderful script.

Say Countryside Alliance slowly. Almost like smelling mown meadows whilst hearing larks sing in flown circles high above.

Are you looking to catch a few "tench" maybe Jo?

Regards,

Lee.