Navigation Rights continued

If that's the case then a good barrister should be able to clarify such misinterpretation without problem.

Anyone wanting to clear up the misinterpretation should take their canoes on Radipole Lake, Weymouth and let the RSPB, who rent it, start the litigation. It is a very wide river.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Like Tracy Ullman said. "In America, your class is defined by how much money you earn. In this country it is defined the minute you open your mouth".

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Seems perfectly logical to me Gozzer assuming those craft cause damage in the first place.

I can give evidence of damage and disruption by canoeists, but my witnessed evidence, is your anecdotal evidence, and we are back to opinion and supposition, just like the link you provided.

You're confusing me a little snakey. Are you trying to make a case for canoeists, or make one against anglers? Some of your posts leave it open to question.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Gozzer I think angling is restricted enough (even though some would like it restricted even more, bass & mullet as C & R only anyone) however I also feel that the restrictions on access for canoes and kayaks are well over the top.

I believe responsible access as in Scotland (and most of the rest of the world) is the right way to go. Restrictions on access because of environmentally sensitive areas are enforced in Scotland even though it already has the right responsible access (try getting close to the nest of a white tailed sea eagle and see how quickly your nicked). I also feel that claiming canoes do enough damage to the environment to warrant the current wide levels of restrictions while taking part in a sport that via the actions of some of its participents causes well documented damage to wildlife and the environment and whose governing body wants to ,ahem, "manage" (for those who prefer plain english exterminate) any sort of wildlife that may predate on fish from cormorants & goosander to otters and even the odd lost seal, is a serious case of the pot calling the kettle black and those who suggest this and claim they are that concerned about the damage various other sports and activities do to the flora and fauna need to sit back and seriously consider the effects that angling has before throwing mud in other directions.

I can't make you believe the link I posted Gozzer and thats fair enough, it was produced using anecdotal evidence from both sides of the argument though to be fair.

Edited by snakey1

Angling isn't just restricted, it is banned on rivers during the close season.

Unless you want to fish for trout - which I've always felt is closer to the real reason for a coarse fish close season.

More to the point, you agree that canoeists cause the death of young birds and mammals as they disturb the river environment during the breeding season.

ohh come on Leon, give the trust their way and they would like to see many thousands of cormorants killed, based on anecdotal evidence.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Andy_y

Are the riparian owners liable for your safety?

Phone

Only Benyon. He's a Minister of the Queen, and he's solemnly sworn to protect my safety. I'm not sure quite when it was writtten down for the first time. My guess would be sometime around Magna Carta..

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Snake

What makes you think that canoe access in Scotland is responsible?

Like Gozzer's, my personal experience and eye witness accounts are your anecdotal evidence

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/