Navigation Rights continued

andy_y

This entire thread is the same song different day isn't it?

Do you (in fact) have any idea it your canoe bumps into a log and you die is the owner liable?

It is well documented I've known about the log.

Suppose you sink a thousand Coors beer cans (the shiney silver ones) and spoil the aesthetics of the stream. Can the EA fine me?

Phone

(Remember, in the US it is a non-discussion. No one owns a stream or river unless it begins and ends on the same property). Water rights will be the source of our next civil war if we make it that far.

brilliant video confirming there can't possibly be any problems with cormorants on that river can there. :thumbs: I could assume that no anglers would possibly break or cut down any of the tree growth to get access to the river, would they, i.e. exposing the river to the hungry predators? I did not see too much damage caused by the canoeists while passing through unless you count setting a fire during the evening, no anglers could possibly consider doing that would they?

you could argue that joe public knocking on my door is trespassing over my land to reach the same, hold on. no damage done, so what's the harm? And as phone mentions, who insures who for being on my property unannounced.

Yep angling is full of idiots as well Barry, but most angling clubs on my local river would take a very dim view of any member found lighting fires, chopping down trees or making the place look like Glastonbury. Thats one good thing about angling clubs and needing the land owners permission to be there. They have some control and don't need to put up with idiots.

If you haven't put any signs up tell me i can't knock on your front door and I trip over your dodgy paving and break my neck doing it, good luck to you.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

ohh come on Leon, give the trust their way and they would like to see many thousands of cormorants killed, based on anecdotal evidence.

I'm starting to think you must be running out of ideas Barry. This ones about Navigation rights.

It's true that we have respect for the countryside. The video you have linked to was of a paddle down the Wensum during the closed fishing season. We went at that time of year so as to avoid conflict with local anglers. I would encourage others to do the same. It's great fun, and not nearly as damaging as stocking an SAC / SSSI river with non-native fish and then saturating it with high protein pellets.

Andy if you want a lift trying to get pellets banned, I might help, but don't ask me to paddle down the Wensum.

andy_y

This entire thread is the same song different day isn't it?

Do you (in fact) have any idea it your canoe bumps into a log and you die is the owner liable?

It is well documented I've known about the log.

Suppose you sink a thousand Coors beer cans (the shiney silver ones) and spoil the aesthetics of the stream. Can the EA fine me?

Phone

(Remember, in the US it is a non-discussion. No one owns a stream or river unless it begins and ends on the same property). Water rights will be the source of our next civil war if we make it that far.

I'm glad it was you that brought the subject of civil war up rather than me. I agree, we don't want to go there. By opening this thread I expressly requested that this discussion should not be allowed to become personal.

The Environment Agency in the UK has a different approach to the Environment Agency in the US.

On this side of the pond, our institutions seem happy to spend vast sums of money preventing the great unwashed from navigating rivers which flow through private estates

I reallly envy the yanks, having got rid of all that useless baggage several hundred years ago.

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

I'm starting to think you must be running out of ideas Barry. This ones about Navigation rights.

replying to this errm point...............

More to the point, you agree that canoeists cause the death of young birds and mammals as they disturb the river environment during the breeding season.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

replying to this errm point...............

More to the point, you agree that canoeists cause the death of young birds and mammals as they disturb the river environment during the breeding season.

Don't think I mentioned birds Barry. They Must be in your head.

Don't think I mentioned birds Barry.

you didn't.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

, give the trust their way and they would like to see many thousands of cormorants killed

And about time too. Good lobster bait.

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

And about time too. Good lobster bait.

so's carp. :punk: