Just got back in from a great trotting session :)

Tigger

Went for a last summer chubbing fish this afternoon. I was doing ok till the barbel took a liking to my bread. This one finished things off in the end as it took me an age to get it out of the swim. 10lb on the dot, but just a shame its belly didn't match its head and shoulders.

attachicon.gifbread barbel.jpg

September next. Might rig a heavier float rod up and have a play with some different tactics for the barbel this year.

How long since those scales where calibrated Brian ?......only jokin' m8, crackin fish, well done :).

How long since those scales where calibrated Brian ?......only jokin' m8, crackin fish, well done :).

That one was pure luck Ian. :)

Ps. My scales are only any good to half an oz. so might only have been 9lb15.5oz. :)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Nice fish Brian, catch it again next February.

Still chucking lures - stacks of small jack pike this summer, and two doubles. Nothing whatsoever in between. Strange.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Had a few hours on the river yesterday, plenty dace and small chub with one chub of about 4lb. Not a lot of barbel for a change, here's the only ones I hooked up with, biggest being about 7lb...

mkfm.jpg
3chb.jpg
b86p.jpg

Edited by Tigger

Had a few hours on the river yesterday, plenty dace and small chub with one chub of about 4lb. Not a lot of barbel for a change, here's the only ones I hooked up with, biggest being about 7lb...

mkfm.jpg

3chb.jpg

b86p.jpg

Ian, Its a cunning plan to try and catch all the barbel in the river before some of us get round to fishing for them, but it won't work. You will just wear out all them different rods and pins. :):thumbs:

Ian, Its a cunning plan to try and catch all the barbel in the river before some of us get round to fishing for them, but it won't work. You will just wear out all them different rods and pins. :):thumbs:

LOL, I think i've got a few more to catch before I catch 'em all....especially those pesky doubles , I think you've got your name on them !

Maybe we should start targetting the roach and show those Southern softies how to catch 'em ;):lol: .

LOL, I think i've got a few more to catch before I catch 'em all....especially those pesky doubles , I think you've got your name on them !

Maybe we should start targetting the roach and show those Southern softies how to catch 'em ;):lol: .

Think I'll leave the roach till its gets colder. Might have a trip or two with a single handed fly rod next and frighten some of the bigger silvers.

Looks like you have been having a cracking time on the old river there Ian. Not been able to get out there for a while but seeing those pics is making me crave to be there. Think I am going to have to stalk you down there to see where these magical spots are though!!! :ph34r:

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Think I'll leave the roach till its gets colder. Might have a trip or two with a single handed fly rod next and frighten some of the bigger silvers.

Yeah, I reckon the roach fishing is better later in the year...when the barbel arn't as obliging. Saying that I have had a few roach recently and I reckon if I targetted them I could pick up some decent ones. Rather than roach later in the year i'm gonna be hunting down the ladies, they fight much harder than roach and are much prettier :).

Looks like you have been having a cracking time on the old river there Ian. Not been able to get out there for a while but seeing those pics is making me crave to be there. Think I am going to have to stalk you down there to see where these magical spots are though!!! :ph34r:

Yeah, i've had some really good sessions with the float this year...I only go at night and use night vision goggles so I doubt you'll ever suss out my spots...plus you haven't got the right club book LOL.