Will my laptop work better if i throw it out of the window

MICK SMITH39

Hi all,Because that is what I feel like doing,can you help please,i don't know anything about laptops,i don't have broadband I just have a dongle,I have been using the dongle for about a year with no problem then about 2 weeks ago it started to get really slow and couldn't display the page sometimes,if anything it is getting worst,i am sure the little light on the dongle used to flash green but now it is staying on blue? I am hoping it is a problem with the dongle because I am moving soon and hope to get broadband. if it is the laptop then I am in trouble because it WILL be going out of the window and I will go back to being a dinosaur! THANKS

dongles are 3g based..so it could be the signal from your provider isn't as good as it used to be..might be part of the 4g rollout that is taking place which in some places has damaged 3g reception and caused sisue til they have sorted out the network.

change in color probably means its switched from 3g to 2g or vice versa.

Try loading up the dongles configuration to check. Some are browser based which means you might need to go to a certain website to check connectivity/signal strength etc

Which brand or manufacturer is the dingle ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk