Ideal roach fishing rod

Anderoo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super topic Andrew!!! Looks like Thames red fin fever has bitten you! I really must get out on the bank again as it has been too long really...................

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

2lbers this season old chap! As soon as we get some rain we'll be hauling them in like mackerel!

Seriously, I do think a '2' is possible, but even when that doesn't happen, trying will be a lot of fun :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

2lbers this season old chap! As soon as we get some rain we'll be hauling them in like mackerel!

Seriously, I do think a '2' is possible, but even when that doesn't happen, trying will be a lot of fun :)

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

Yes - I'll send you a text. It'll be good to see you again, it's been ages. (Yes, the car is still going ;) )

Fantastic! Yes, it has been too long! I'm looking forward to that. Might even dust off the old Kelly Kettle in the winter!!

That car is amazing!!!

Visit My Galleries

I had another session on the stretch where I had the big roach on Monday. Now bear in mind the water does not open until 1st September and that it's hardly fished at all anyway so hemp is alien to the roach. Today I fished the same swim for a short time, having tried a new swim upriver. I fed hemp as I did on Monday though then I had casters and fed them as well, getting roach on casters and flake. Today, after several fish on bread I changed hook to a fine wire 18 and fished with hemp after feeding it for 40 minutes and promptly started catching roach (nothing big) on hemp. Conditions were very bright and hot, and intriguingly the weather actually changed midway through the 90 minutes I fished that swim with the wind going from NW to SW with mackerel sky, a precursor to the wet weather on its way.