Redecorating

Andy_1984

The tank has been pretty sterile looking recently as I removed all my gravel and hard decorations after my run of bad luck with the roach and rudd.

Went out yesterday and got 3 more exo terra jungle plants and they look great.

Removing the gravel has been a great benefit. All food gets eaten, bottom feeders find it much easier and get their fare share, poop gets sucked into the filter eventually and weekly maintenance is just so much easier I could probably even do fortnightly as nitrate levels are way down compared to with gravel. The fish don't seem to mind either.

I also got a hide for my new gudgeon. Andy Macfarlane bought me a koi <_< , I know not native but he's kinda cool. Looks like a ghost mirror and learning from the tench how to beg for food :D

DSCF2939_zpsfa5990d7.jpg

DSCF2942_zpse4f3ff12.jpg

DSCF2953_zpsf8b7ee86.jpg

I'm eventually going to put the old background on the bottom of the tank (outside) as ive got a new background with some long wavy red and green grass mixed through it but waiting for everything to settle down before another big upheaval.

The plants are a little stiff but shouldn't be long until they get a little algae growth and become a little more pliable and natural looking like my 2 year old one on the far left.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Andy that looks great mate the growth on the plants look really good wish i could upload pics from my phone to this site as i now planted 10 reeds that and a lilly that i got from my local stream. also got a new roach which is more streeeeemline looking than my other roach but then again i did get that one from a faster flowing river

If you post a question in the tech section about getting photos from phone to site, one of the tech gurus may be able to tell you how.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Andy that looks great mate the growth on the plants look really good wish i could upload pics from my phone to this site as i now planted 10 reeds that and a lilly that i got from my local stream. also got a new roach which is more streeeeemline looking than my other roach but then again i did get that one from a faster flowing river

I wish they were live plants mate, I cheated. They are fake exo terra jungle plants, made from silk the 3 identical ones are ficus and cant remember the name of the one that resembles marijuana leaves.

They made for reptiles but they also work great in aquariums as you can see.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice Andy

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”