Be warned!

Peter Waller

Alan Fawcett:

quote:

originally posted by Random

the land owner does not own the water.... he owns the LAND... this means the owns the bank...

Sorry not quite so, the landowner owns the bank yes but he/she also owns the river bed, or half of the river bed if the opposite bank belongs to another landowner.

Therefore IMO if you are travelling along the river/waterway then you are crossing private land!

Following that flawless logic, then Aircraft commit the same offence, they use Oxygen and hydrogen along with various other elements in their gaseous form to support their craft as it crosses someones land.

We just choose to use the elements in their liquid state to support our craft as they cross someones land.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kleinboet:

If and I stress the IF we have trouble with canoists on private waters, the we can apply to the owners to have power boats on them too!

It only needs a couple of boats to go where the canoists are causing trouble and swamp them a couple of times, then they will realise that they are not welcome and have sex and leave!!

Of course, would it not be simpler and probably less disruptive to the fish stocks to engage in an exchange of verbal communication, rather than resorting to antagonism?

On a slightly less relevant note, the power boats may create enough wash to swamp a canoe, but they wouldn't swamp a kayak with a spraydeck. They could also find themselves up on a manslaughter charge if said actions led to a fatality.

Kayaker Pete - you are just living in the wrong country. Move over this way and you'll have a friendly welcome. We like boats and have plenty of water.

Just try to ignore the anti-yak /canoe comments.

Now if you said you used a jet ski, I'd probably have a snide remark or two to make myself. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, which country should I move to?

I agree about the jet-ski yobs though! I was kayaking on Chester weir a month or so ago, it was a spring tide, so the weir washed out completely. Around this time 6 or 7 middle-aged blokes rode up on their jetskis and proceeded to make as much noise as possible and were even sinking the nose so that they could jet water up on to the walkway.

Pleasant it wasn't! They were like 15 year olds with motorbikes in the park. It wasn't pretty either although they all looked funny in their duffelcoats!

Pretty much anywhere in the US. If you are a huge whitewater fan, probably best in the western part of the country (but avoid California).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I guess you guys can afford to be more chilled out than our anglers, after all a kayaker isn't likely to have a rifle in the pick-up, and if he does, he's probably got further to go to get it.

I think the bulk of our problem in the UK is that we have a very high population density and a very high intolerance to people who have a different interest that conflicts with theirs?