windows 8 update probs

chesters1

in ledt hand section click Administrative Templates

then SYSTEM

now scroll down on right hand side until you find "specifiy settings for optional component installation and component repair"

double click that

on left hand side choose ENABLE

and tick box that says about contacting windows update to download repair files etc

close all windows

right click bottom left hand corner

choose Command Prompt (admin)

type gpupdate /force

restart and test

I think i may have done that yesterday but i forget so will try again

Yes i did but never ticked the box ,restarting.....failed

post-1265-0-31087900-1378125019_thumb.jpg

Whats the bit about contacting windows update ,i did it manualy

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the bit about contacting windows update just tells the pc to look for an external repair or install file rather then trying to install .Net from local cache files or the system disk

have you tried turning the .Net features on and off in windows features with the Windows 8 cdrom in the drive?

the bit about contacting windows update just tells the pc to look for an external repair or install file rather then trying to install .Net from local cache files or the system disk

have you tried turning the .Net features on and off in windows features with the Windows 8 cdrom in the drive?

yes the cd has been in the drive all the time

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

your like my bro in Germany! instant death to pc's no matter how new they are! LOL!

just a thought if its thinking about using the cd to reinstall the files how do i know its looking at the dvd drive ? as when you install it it puts the DVD drive second but i change it to drive F so does windows know the "install from" location has moved?

might be the issue...under the same settings in the gpedit windows you have the option to type in the location of the install files: just set it up for your dvd drive. in the alternate installaion section just type in your dvd drive location:

might be the issue...under the same settings in the gpedit windows you have the option to type in the location of the install files: just set it up for your dvd drive. in the alternate installaion section just type in your dvd drive location:

Oh yes it wasnt enabled ,do i have to use the forcegroup dooda after telling it where?

In that section nothing was enabled

Edited by chesters1

Did it all with the same result......failure