Octoplus Fishing Station

Andrew Burgess

quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Burgess:

I did think about the footrest and decided it need to be strong as I am a heavy build person.

You'll have no probs with the Octoplus gear. I know one of the guys who tests it along the way, for Octoplus ... and he's a really, really, big fat bar-steward

I really rate Octoplus ..not cheap but it is the NUTZ

DG

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

[QB] "Fishing Station"? you need a train station for your weight fat boy!/QB]

You stupid boy. :P It's about time you got off the internet and start doing the

Collections of unfinish DIY projects, front and back garden and especially Kent finest and biggest colloction of dog kurds /QUOTE] :P:P:P:D

For the attention of AnglersNet members, Budgie weighs heavier than me. :P

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Andrew, have you considered the Penrose platform with wheels? I have used a home made one for 14 years now and it is really stable, strong and will carry all your gear with ease.

Posted Image

Rough old pic but should give you some ideas, more pics on my home page, the link is in "My profile"

It has even been used to carry a heart attack victim back to the car park!

Den

[ 30. May 2004, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

That looks a solid set up Den.Also looks like it will be easily converted into an Angling Bath chair for your twilight years

Hate to have to admit it in public but Andy is quite right I am heavier than him.I find getting suitbley strong platforms/stations difficult to.The best I have ever owned was also home made and was built some 20 years ago.As with Dens the way around the weight of such strong platforms is to build them so they can also be used as a trolley.I have also got a light weight aluminium platform that I use as a base on flat hard ground like cannal banks,quaysides and platform swims.Obviousley I just have this laid on the ground so it doesnt have to take all of the weight on its legs.

One tip for anyone who "out grows" there platform is if you are using it on a steeply sloping bank and have the front legs extended a long way.Get a couple of lengths of wood,drill holes at each end that corespond to the diameter and distance apart of the legs.Slidethese on the legs before attaching to platform and they brace the legs stopping them from buckling.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!