Octoplus Fishing Station

Andrew Burgess

Come on Peter there must be some times you lust after one of those Yank lure box/storage systems? even though the good old bucket does the job quite adequately!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep about two thirds of my lures in three of those large Yank lure box/storage systems! Must have shares in Plano.

I only use the bucket to take those that I think I need for the session.

Those tower jobies are great! I watched a guy perched up high on one whilst boat fishing at Beccles on the Waveney. He struck into a fish, leant back to give it some wellie, the 'system' tippled backwards and he did a backward flip, right out of his boat :D:D !

quote:

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

More practical,DG you mentioned you had a stout mate (In prefer stout to fat) who had taken part in testing of this gear.Out of interest how "stout" was he? Serious not trying to wind anyone up.

28 stone! & 6 ft 4

Andrew, this is the full monty :D the only thing lacking is the backrest!

Posted Image

I have updated it a bit and now have a stainless flask (two in fact) and the telescopic landing net handle has been trodden on a few times and finally been scrapped .

The plano box was stolen along with the pole, but the first thing I replaced was the plano box.

By the way Red is good when you get back to the car and find one of your legs has fallen off!

Den

[ 03. June 2004, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

quote:

Originally posted by poledark:

By the way Red is good when you get back to the car and find one of your legs has fallen off!

Den

Den, Are you safe to drive?! :D I'd wondered why you paint your legs red. Hold on tightly to that Zimmer when one of your legs falls off .... I don't think Douglas Bader painted his at all :rolleyes:

DG

[ 03. June 2004, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

quote:

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

28 stone! jeez makes me and Andy look anorexic :D Thanks DG.That should give Andy confidence to go ahead and get one.

______________ Posted Image

Yup, he's built like one of those grey-back gorillas, and his nickname is Chester (Not Chesters), because he's like the bull-dog in the original politically incorrect Tom & Jerry. Top carper though .. has had loads of 30s .. and who's gonna argue with him

______ Posted Image

DG

[ 03. June 2004, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]