Octoplus Fishing Station

Andrew Burgess

I,ve not had to "brace the legs" (sounds rude dont'it :D ) yet Budgie, but I do have a fitting welded to the back end for a brolly, which I use to push a stake (brolly pole) well into the ground to stop the whole lot from sliding down the steep banks of the Medway, some of those banks are made up of silt and are not very stable.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poledark:

I do have a fitting welded to the back end for a brolly, which I use to push a stake (brolly pole) well into the ground

That a good idea Den, I think I shall do the same :)

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Burgess:

I am all right about it and always have put up. It always the same when ever I start a post or reply a post he always have to come along and spoil everything as it just same with the others fishing forums websites. :(

Fair-enough, Andrew .. stay cool ... maybe the Moderators will get off their backsides and moderate Budgie

DG

quote:

Originally posted by poledark:

....have you considered the Penrose platform with wheels? I have used a home made one for 14 years now and it is really stable, strong and will carry all your gear with ease.

Den

... and otherwise known as a Zimmer frame :D

DG

DG, I am surprised that you have not "done your usual" with me and added a bath chair to my platform :D:D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

quote:

Originally posted by poledark:

DG, I am surprised that you have not "done your usual" with me and added a bath chair to my platform :D:D

Den

Den, this time you were too quick for me!

____ Posted Image

BTW, Den, you were very quiet on the recemt Mono thread(s) and the ones about trace-wires. We're stuck without your input! I mean, who else has got so many years of experience?

16th isn't far away now!

Tight lines

DG

[ 31. May 2004, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

The Diamond Geezer:

quote:

I am all right about it and always have put up. It always the same when ever I start a post or reply a post he always have to come along and spoil everything as it just same with the others fishing forums websites. :(

Fair-enough, Andrew .. stay cool ... maybe the Moderators will get off their backsides and moderate Budgie :D:D:D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

quote:

]I hope the moderators will do something about it. But on the other hand this website won't be the same without him. (Budgie)

Too true .. we couldn't do without him. Maybe a metaphorical squeeze of his soft dangly bits by the moderators will be enough. And, for my part, as the pot shouldn't call the kettle black, I will try to be much more respectful of doddery old furts like Den The Poledark :D

DG