been Given an old reel, constant free spool?

mattylevantiz

Hi Guys, just bought a carp rod and was given A reel from my Grandad which hasn't been used in years.

i took the old line off and started putting some new line on, it turned fine for A few seconds but then wouldn't take on any more line(empty spool).

ive checks the rear drag, the free spool lever and the front drag. made sure they are both tight and the lever isn't on free spool.

any ideas why the spool just spins in the same direction that the bailarm is turning causing the line to twist and not Go on the spool at all. its almost like the clutch is broken in the reel and i dont dare take it apart because i wont get it back together

the reel is a badger dynacast 1060. same as the one pictured belowdscf0133a.jpg

Matty,

The reel - for all the world - looks like a Maver Abyss. (I know very little about UK carp reels)

You have posted in the Session Carp section.

If you put the identical post into the "Coarse Fishing" section you will get a lot more responses.

Phone

Edited by Phone

• 3 weeks later...