anglers that think they know best

bettsybetts

Hi, I was fishing a tight Snaggy metal platform peg at my local club lake the other day when bang a carp took my bait. I played and battled this fish for a few minutes as it darted towards the reeds and out again. Just has I had her within my sights a voice from a fellow member came from the other side of the lake "you gonna net that or what" I ignored him and his advice as I felt a sudden lunge at her with my net would properly send her wild and straight back to the reeds, I waited until the carp had surfaced and within good netting distance and then when I thought it was right landed her. I laid the fish on my carp mat and was about to unhook, when the same voice again shouted "get the fish off the metal platform now you idiot" I now getting a bit fed up with this dude shouted back that I am using a mat. I unhooked the fish quickly and returned her into the water in the net, let her get her strength back then released her. In my eyes I would do the same again , I asked the bloke what his problem was and he not expecting me to confront him apologized. People like this can put some people of fishing. The moral of the story a quite word in the ear is better than a yell across the lake because you may have misread the situation.

Sadly, some people are just arrogant idiots, well done on putting him in his place :clap3:

• Like 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Loving your species caught list

I'm not :cry:

;)

• Like 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Loving your species caught list

I agree, but where's the shopping trolley, waterlogged branch and bread bag full of stinky silt. Oh, and several species of wildfowl, I imagine. ;)

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Sadly fishing is full of people like this... But on the flipside I was fishing a new water yesterday and when I asked a fellow angler for some advice he helped me out by giving me some cell boilies and some foam to pop them up along with some really helpful advice (which worked) so it's nice to be reminded there are some decent anglers out there...

Any sport is filled with such people and much more with field sports.In general it is always stronger when animals are involved. i know fishing d

Hi, I was fishing a tight Snaggy metal platform peg at my local club lake the other day when bang a carp took my bait. I played and battled this fish for a few minutes as it darted towards the reeds and out again. Just has I had her within my sights a voice from a fellow member came from the other side of the lake "you gonna net that or what" I ignored him and his advice as I felt a sudden lunge at her with my net would properly send her wild and straight back to the reeds, I waited until the carp had surfaced and within good netting distance and then when I thought it was right landed her. I laid the fish on my carp mat and was about to unhook, when the same voice again shouted "get the fish off the metal platform now you idiot" I now getting a bit fed up with this dude shouted back that I am using a mat. I unhooked the fish quickly and returned her into the water in the net, let her get her strength back then released her. In my eyes I would do the same again , I asked the bloke what his problem was and he not expecting me to confront him apologized. People like this can put some people of fishing. The moral of the story a quite word in the ear is better than a yell across the lake because you may have misread the situation.

i would play this differently but it's just my view. I would ask the question why he was so upset in a cool manner. What made him act in such a manner?. If then his answer was even if wrong in your view in a calm manner in the way you asked that alone would be enough for me and return to my swim. If however the stakes were raised by his tone because he would think you are a calm fellow and guaging you as an idiot i would would quickly resort to more efficiant methods of resolving the situation :)

• Like 1

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Well done on keeping it under control. ;)

I'd have kicked the idiot into the water then shouted at him to get out because it isn't a swimming pool. :D

• Like 1

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue