On the hunt for big Perch.....

fisherman1985

I'm a huge fan of Perch fishing, on the rivers where possible. I know my local stretch of the Wey in Surrey (the Guildford stretch) has decent Perch and I've caught them up to 2lb, but I'd love to know if anyone knows of other stretches or other rivers round my area that hold a decent head of Perch. Look forward to your thoughts......

fisher85,

the glory of google

http://terryandco.hubpages.com/hub/Perch-Fishing-in-Surrey

and

—————————————————————————————————————————-

Five Big Perch Rivers

1. River Derwent, Derbyshire

2. River Trent, Nottinghamshire

3. River Thames, Oxon

4. Upper Great Ouse, Bucks

5. River Stour, Hants

Don't know it any of these are near you?

Phone

fisher85

Of course if you wouldn't mind taking a stab at some still water perch up to 7 lbs you could always try this. It is in Surry.

The dam at Surry Lake is located on the Ashuelot River in Surry, about five miles north of downtown Keene and .5 mile north of the Keene-Surry line, on Route 12A.

Phone

Phone,

Thanks for the recomendations. Unfortunately the first link appears to be a templated text where the authors simpley replace the fish species and area of the country to suit the search! The other rivers you mentioned are slightly further than I'd wish to travel, with the possible exception of the Stour which I will give some further though....Thanks again.

Inderblitz, the Guildford stretch of the Wey is owned by Guildford Angling Society and is all (as far as I'm aware) available for day ticket fishing. Either pay on the bank (if a bailiff comes along) or buy one in the tackle shop in town. Unfortunately their website is next to useless and doesn't give much information.....

I've caught decent Perch out of the Broadford Bridge stretch in Shalford which is owned by Godalming Angling Society but again is a day ticket water.

Fisherman