Top Posters In This Topic

argyll:

I'll swap my black pudding for someones sausage. Or I'll use it for bait :D

[ 17. July 2005, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Right, Here we go on the road directions to “How to get to Lodge Pool”

For who got satellite navigation – Lodge Pool Drive, B98 7JT

For who haven’t got the expense of satellite navigation :P then these are the road directions :D

For the Anglers who are up north of the Midlands, Liverpool, Manchester and Yorkshire, etc etc

Come down the M6 motorway and join onto the M5 motorway. Leave at Junction 4A Motorway on to the M42 Motorway. Leave at Junction 2 and take the 4th exit to take the A441 (Dual Carriageway) to Redditch. At the end of the dual carriageway there is a roundabout but still take the A441 to Redditch.

Just under a mile you will see a Petrol Garage on the right and also a Brooklyn Citroen Garage as well. Straight through the traffic lights and up to the Big Roundabout. Go straight across as you are taking the A41 to Evesham, In fact you will be still on the A441 carry on right up in to the middle lane to the next big roundabout and go straight across as you are going to Evesham (but still on the A441 and take the next exit off up to the roundabout and take the 2nd left on to Lodge Park. Now you should be on the Greenlands Drive. Carry on up to the 2nd left into Wirehill Drive. Carry on and take the 5th exit in to Lodge Pool Drive and immediately turn right into the car park of Lodge Pool. Once outside the car just walk up to the back (Facing the pool) and I will see you there.

Right for the Anglers who are up hose who are coming down from the M1 (Yorkshire)

Leave at M1 at junction 23A and take the A42/M42 carry through Ashby De la Zouch, on to the M42 Motorway. Carry on the M42 and leave at Junction 3 up the ramp to the roundabout and take the 1st Left on to the A435 to Redditch. After 4.1 miles (and 6 left exit) you will come to a garden centre on the left and a small roundabout. Take the A4189 (Warwick Highway) up to the big roundabout. Take the 2nd exit (still on the A4189 Warwick Highway) carry on right up to the next big roundabout. Carry straight across (still on the A4189 Warwick Highway. Take the 4th exit on to A441 Alcester Highway and take the next exit up the ramp and take the 4th exit (Sign Posted Lodge Park, Greenlands) into Greenlands Drive. Carry on up to the 2nd left into Wirehill Drive. Carry on and take the 5th exit in to Lodge Pool Drive and immediately turn right into the car park of Lodge Pool. Once outside the car just walk up to the back (Facing the pool) and I will see you there.

Right for those the Anglers who who are coming up the M1 (London)

Leave at Junction 17 to take the M45 – A45 to Coventry. At Coventry still carry on the A45 to Birmingham and sign posted - A45/M42 Birmingham Airport. Take the M42 – Junction 6 southbound (There is a 50mph speed limit there, so watch it). Carry on the M42 and leave at Junction 3 up the ramp to the roundabout and take the 1st Left on to the A435 to Redditch. After 4.1 miles (and 6 left exit) you will come to a garden centre on the left and a small roundabout. Take the A4189 (Warwick Highway) up to the big roundabout. Take the 2nd exit (still on the A4189 Warwick Highway) carry on right up to the next big roundabout. Carry straight across (still on the A4189 Warwick Highway. Take the 4th exit on to A441 Alcester Highway and take the next exit up the ramp and take the 4th exit (Sign Posted Lodge Park, Greenlands) into Greenlands Drive. Carry on and take the 2nd left into Wirehill Drive. Carry on and take the 5th exit in to Lodge Pool Drive and immediately turn right into the car park of Lodge Pool. Once outside the car just walk up to the back (Facing the pool) and I will see you there.

Right for those the Anglers who are coming up on the M40 (London M25)

Leave at Junction 16 on the M25 to take the M40 Northbound to Birmingham. Then this will merge on to the M42 to Redditch and leave at Junction 3 up the ramp to the roundabout and take the 1st Left on to the A435 to Redditch. After 4.1 miles (and 6 left exit) you will come to a garden centre on the left and a small roundabout. Take the A4189 (Warwick Highway) up to the big roundabout. Take the 2nd exit (still on the A4189 Warwick Highway) carry on right up to the next big roundabout. Carry straight across (still on the A4189 Warwick Highway. Take the 4th exit on to A441 Alcester Highway and take the next exit up the ramp and take the 4th exit (Sign Posted Lodge Park, Greenlands) into Greenlands Drive. Carry on and take the 2nd left into Wirehill Drive. Carry on and take the 5th exit in to Lodge Pool Drive and immediately turn right into the car park of Lodge Pool. Once outside the car just walk up to the back (Facing the pool) and I will see you there.

Right for those the Anglers who are coming up on the M5 Northbound to Birmingham.

On the M5 leave at Junction 5 and take the A38 to Bromsgrove. Go through Webb’s Garden Centre on the Left up to the big roundabout take the 2nd exit as you are still on the A38 to Bromsgrove. Up to the next roundabout go straight across (still on the A38 to Bromsgrove) straight through the traffic light and up to the next roundabout. Take the 3rd left exit to take the A448 To Redditch (This is known as the Bromsgrove Highway) carry on the highway. Take the 3rd exit sign posted Town Centre. As you go down you will be merging onto the A441 Alcester Highway. Take the next exit on the left up to the roundabout and take the 4th Exit signposted Lodge Park, Greenlands, into Greenlands Drive. Carry on and take the 2nd left into Wirehill Drive. Carry on and take the 5th exit in to Lodge Pool Drive and immediately turn right into the car park of Lodge Pool. Once outside the car just walk up to the back (Facing the pool) and I will see you there.

Right I hope I have cover everyone. If not let me know.

As I said in my pervious thread forms on the AnglersNet/Lodge Pool meeting. Nearly all the fishing platforms are made of concrete. Apart form the 4 island pegs which is wooden decking. So it is advised to have a set of level seating. For bankstick is it also advised that you need depending on where you fish the bankstick (telescopic will be best) must be well over 2ft in the shallow and at least 4ft by the wall.

If there any questions - don't be afraid to ask me!

[ 18. July 2005, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Should I bring my passport, its way north of Watford :D

[ 17. July 2005, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

argyll:

Should I bring my passport, its way north of Watford    :D  

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Yes you better have it with you just in case because of this at you bottom of your page -

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

:D:D:D

The list is now this

Andrew Burgess

Budgie (Who He?) :D:D

j_s + 1

Alan Stubbs + 2

Jonah13? Haven't heard anything still waiting for confirmation!

Kieinboet

Melvin (Mel)Marriott

Mr Matthew

Arygll :D

Ian FG

Ferret1959 - Got to email him the week of the fish ins

Danny S

Wicker Dave

Sluk

Paul D

Badexcuseforanangler

deanbmw + 3

Wanye Stephens + 1

Frank James

Powermesh - still waiting for confirmation

Vickory - still waiting for confirmation

Boilie - Still waiting for confirmation

Awaaar

This is your last chance for any more want to join as there are some places left

[ 21. July 2005, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Guest Ferret1959

I'll be there, just need to be reminded every few days, even down to the day before.

My memory is crap.............fish-in, where?????????? :)

I recognize that peg, Mr Matthews :P

Please don't tell anyone what peg numbers it is because it going to go to one lucky angler who will be fishing on that peg in a few days time at the teach in/ fish in. :D

Provided if he/she have enough floating bread or baits :D

Mr Matthews if you are going out again, I don't mind you posting the pictures on to make them wet enough to drool over the pictures :P:P:D as long you don't mention the peg number!