up to date

me

I havent been fishing for 9 months now, yes 9!

People talk to me about fishing and about all this hi tech gear. Can anyone update me please? :)

like someone mentioned a rodpod, whats one of those? :confused: :confused: i am only a youngish angler but yet dont know about the hitech fishing gear. thats something you dont hear very often. :D

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Nathan, you're kidding! Rod pods aren't new. They are those frame type rod rests that generally support three rods with buzzers. Every serious specimen angler seems to use one...

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

kleinboet:

I use one regularly as most disabled pegs are platforms and as you can't hammer rod rests through wood, the pod is ideal.

Just to point out that at Wingham the platforms deliberately have slats so that you can use bank sticks (umbrellas too) rather than a pod.

Pods have the advantage that you haven't got to bang banksticks into hard ground. However, many anglers (including me) hate them as you can't point your rods at the bait. This means that you don't always notice small knocks as they get absorbed by the angle at the rod top. Additionally, this angle creates resistance and fish, perch especially, will often drop the bait as a result.

My advice, especially if funds are tight, is to spend the money on something else unless you absolutely need a pod for the swims you're fishing.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

No it isnt for my site as that fell to pieces. :( i just wanted a bit of advice.

i know what they are i nearly bought 2 for £30 from my local tackle shop. :D

is there any new stuff like hi tech gear or like some of these baits i hear of, that confuses me totally. :confused:

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

me:

is there any new stuff like hi tech gear or like some of these baits i hear of, that confuses me totally.   :confused:  

EH? thats makes no sense at all, not even for a taff. you're the only person who can tell yourself

what confuses you totally.