Going to start running wreck fishing trips looking for 4 or 5 anglers, anyone interested

sparks

I'm the same as Norm B, willing to learn. What have you in mind, dates etc. :fishing1:

great i have had a good response to this, and as soon as i have gone out on a boat or three to see how well i am looked after, I will be back with dates and tides. as we will be fishing primarily for conger the tides will be moderate at worse. i am out on one of the boats i have been chatting to so hopefully it wont be long.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Norm could teach us all a thing or 2 ;) I wouldn't mind going as long as the boat has a loo on it! I havn't been out since I went with Norm a couple of years or so ago. I don't have any boat gear, available mid week, probably better for me now the footie season is begining.

Just need a little notice to sort youngest out. My biggest conger is only 34lb so it would be nice to get a PB and would love to do some perking for pollock as well if poss. Found some really nice seasoning for pollock on Scilly this year :)

lyn

Edited by lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sparks, I used to do trips like this midweek, well discounted.

I wouldnt mind if you have a spare seat, I also have loads of rods/reels to lend if people are illequiped.

Tony

Fishing and shooting are my passion, you can also find me on www.roughshooter.com

Hi Sparks, I used to do trips like this midweek, well discounted.

I wouldnt mind if you have a spare seat, I also have loads of rods/reels to lend if people are illequiped.

Tony

:D I have a couple of rods and reels that I could lend to someone, plus a butt pad and shoulder harness, I'd have to brave the wasps nest in the garage at the moment though. :lol:

I thought this had gone away,

I am still very interested, however i still only have beachcasters so would need to borrow or hire a boat rod

Ditto

----

First day's fishing - 21/07/08

Caught so far: 6 tiddly little bass (released)

I thought this had gone away,

I am still very interested, however i still only have beachcasters so would need to borrow or hire a boat rod

Ditto

If we manage to get out on a trip together, I can lend you all you need, strictly on a "you bend it, you mend it" basis though.

I might need to stock up on terminal tackle though, so a trip to the shop might be needed first.

It would depend on what we are fishing for.

I have 3 x 50lb class outfits and 5 or 6 30lb outfits to lend if needed.

Tony

Fishing and shooting are my passion, you can also find me on www.roughshooter.com

If we manage to get out on a trip together, I can lend you all you need, strictly on a "you bend it, you mend it" basis though.

I might need to stock up on terminal tackle though, so a trip to the shop might be needed first.

It would depend on what we are fishing for.

I have 3 x 50lb class outfits and 5 or 6 30lb outfits to lend if needed.

Tony

:D It looks like I can leave mine at home then. How many leads have you got, just to save me carrying mine as I'm getting on a bit. :lol:

Still no sign of a trip actually taking place yet ! - Yes I know the weather has been atrocious, we have had four trips cancelled ourselves.

Living just 40 minutes from Newhaven I might well be interested in mid-week trips, provided the skipper can find some fish.

I used to go out with Stu Arnold from Brighton, and we used to get fantastic wreck catches. Since he has moved on, no-one else seems to be able to match his fish-finding ability, so we have taken to booking trips west of Selsey Bill in order to find fish (Hayling, Lymington, Poole, Weymouth - all have good skippers that can produce the goods). Its a long way to go though, involving staying overnight.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

:D It looks like I can leave mine at home then. How many leads have you got, just to save me carrying mine as I'm getting on a bit. :lol:

Please don't do that Norm as i want to retire me old 6/0 and would look forward to 'borrowing' some of yours. :boat::fishing1::fishing:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..