Does Mat Hayes smoke?

RUDD

No I dont think he smokes I am sure he is married!

Tightus linus :) Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I smoke, although i seriously respect non-smokers..so I do not mind at all nipping outside for 5 minutes to feed my addiction. No harm done.

Even smokers hate other smokers! Yes, I hate my clothes smelling from a smokey pub!

Like hospitals have smoking rooms, pubs should have that too..(coming from a smoker! Passive smoking effects us all!)

Besides, I would probably quit as there is no smoking on planes. As Matt fly's long haul every other day to film exotic fishing programmes his craving must be killing him! 12 hours without a ciggy! Ouch! He should really consider quitting..

David Johnson:

Ask any A & E nurse or policeman how much harm alcohol does to society.  Far more than smoking.

Not true, mate. Smoking kills 120,000 Brits every year - way more than alcohol, even when the 'social damage' implications are added.

I don't think the real argument is about relative damage, though. For me, like Peter, it's about our right not to be subjected to the fallout from other peoples' addictions.

The stench from stale smoke is truly hideous and I resent having to hang my clothes outside to prevent the house stinking.

It's a bit rich when smokers claim victimisation, while demanding the right to victimise others with their habit. As for tolerance, I think non-smokers have 'tolerated' the smell and health effects of smoking for long enough, really. It's time the effects of smoking were confined to those that 'enjoy' them.

Sorry to sound so anti but I, too, have seen loved ones die horribly from smoking, and it's difficult to be impartial when debating smokers' 'rights'. From my experience, the vast majority of smokers don't really want to be smokers, anyway, and addiction rather than choice is the driving force here.

If we really want to see who's responsible for robbing smokers of their right to choose - look at the tobacco companies who've been knowingly pushing addiction for decades.

Rant over, reason restored.

Terry :D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Peter - I smoke, and agree with you. There should be a ban on smoking in the workplace, not all public places....I too wouldn't mind popping outside for two Min's to get a fix.

But people who don't smoke saying they would return to pubs again fair enough...but would that be every night?...I've spoken to people in my local about this, who drink in there every night, they would stay at home, with the exeption of maybe a Friday or Saturday night...after speaking with the landlord....he tells me it's those people who come in and spend every night are the ones who keep the pub running

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

i have got a bit of a view on this one as both a smoker and someone who has just been out to Cork for a stag weekend. in Eire smoking has been banned in public places since March the 29th. wherever you go now you cannot smoke in a public BUILDING and thats the difference. you can smoke on the streets and in an open space.

now heres the shocking bit as a smoker i am very much in favour of it.

i found it no problem at all to nip out and as a single man believe me there were definite advantages (nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!). in Eire they cater for the smokers by having canopies and chairs and tables put up outside for all the smokers to use. now if british pubs followed suit and did the same there would be no problems for me. in the group i went with 4 of the 13 that went were smokers. all 4 were in favour of the smoking ban (oh and not all of them were single!!!!).

however for those that are in favour of the ban i will just sum up an article that was in this sunday's irish independent. basically the gist of the story was that women in Eire were now moaning that since the smoking ban all the smells that were previously covered up by smoke are now very much to the fore! most irish women were asking for the ban to be lifted as the smell of BO, stale beer and farts were now very much to the fore!!!

so be careful what you wish for!!!

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Depends on what you like to smoke Peter,sorry about lowering the tone but you know what us sea anglers are like,an uncouth lot!

Crabs - you swine!

ps see what I mean! Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Wordbender - when smoking is banned (as it will be soon) which other minority will you turn on to vent your hate and anger? Drinkers? The Obese? The Unemployed?

As a species we need a minority to hate to help us unite. In the past it was blacks, homosexuals, commies. Today it's smokers. Tomorrow it will be some other minority.

It's boring.