This should be easy - it isn't

Phone

All,

I updated Chrome. Somewhere along the line it offered me a free do-da like CCleaner. I love ccleaner, I don't know why I said OK to something else.

Blah blah blah - - I can get (got)everything removed execpt one folder [i think(?)]. It says I have to have the "password" to remove (delete) the problem child.

I've looked around for a way within Windows Vista - nothing.

I have the folder isolated

Is there a way to remove it via ms-dos or something like that.

Phone

Ohh - It is located C:\Program files\BS\CT3289847\Plugins\TBVerifier.dll (if that will help me)

Well done! You've downloaded one of the new spyware conduits!

Suggest you dl and run malwarbytes

Www.malwarebytes.org

And also this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mth4sdscww5ah9a/Roguefix_3.008.bat

Download the file above to your desktop, right click, choose run as admin and follow prompts.

If these don't work open task manager. In the running tasks action you usually see tbverifier running. Right click and end task. Then remove folder and file....you might need to remove file first then folder after.

Also if you run ccleaner and use tools> startup...you might see entries in there for other location of the file. Remove the entries and then remove the files.

Usual locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Conduit\CT3298578\plugins\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Conduit\CT3309350\plugins\

C:\Program Files\Conduit\CT3287805\plugins\

C:\Program Files\Conduit\CT3289663\plugins\

c:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\extensions\klibnahbojhkanfgaglnlalfkgpcppfi\10.16.100.4_0\plugins\

It's linked to a toolbar called Conduit. Suggest removal of the plugin/toolbar as well.

Edited by kirisute