Today you should be proud to be British!

Dave H

The difference is we had the choice if they came in

What if canada had the power to force you to let in anyone that wished to come across your border from mexico? I guess your response would be different? Not only that they had exactly the same benefits you had without ever putting money in the pot .thats just not for themselves but 15 kids back home usually without the slightest proof they exist

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

"By mid-1940 some 35,000 Polish airmen, soldiers and sailors had made their way to Britain"

Phone

There were a lot of Poles that fought and died in the RAF during the Battle Of Britain.

But yes Dave, a day we should remember and be proud of.

Edited by jack1432

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe". (Albert Einstein)

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head, thats assault, not leadership". (Dwight D. Eisenhower)

"Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. Theres no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere". (Groucho marx)

The difference is we had the choice if they came in

Sure we did. I bet Churchhill had 20 public enquiries and discussed it with score of focus groups before we let Polish pilots fly in the Battle of Britain.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

We only had the Polish, Free French, Czechs, etc etc, flying for the RAF because their own armies had been defeated.

No-one could stop Blitzkrieg in the early years of World War 2 and the whole of mainland Europe fell within 12 months of September 3rd 1939. Great Britain would of and should of have fallen also in September 1940 but for bad management by the German high command.

Now we have Festung Europa dictating policies which affect the very country that kept Hitler and his cronies at bay until the USA came on board. Another German balls up as the USA only declared war on the Japanese was that Hitler decided to declare war on them. Hitler had an idea of a united Europe and it looks as though it is coming through headed by a German....

With hindsight what was the point of world war 2? We have suffered defeat 74 years after declaration.

We only had the Polish, Free French, Czechs, etc etc, flying for the RAF because their own armies had been defeated.

You are a master of logic. Go to the top of the class.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

The polish/Czech squadrons shot down more enemy aircraft than we did. The top ace was a pole too. If it were not for those pilots we may have never won the air battle.

When Churchill sold Poland out to Stalin, every pole had felt they had been crapped on. Every pole soldier or pilot refused to take part in the victory parade.

The British crapped on them. Mind you everybody seems to have crapped on the poles one way or another?

• Like 1

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

The polish/Czech squadrons shot down more enemy aircraft than we did. The top ace was a pole too. If it were not for those pilots we may have never won the air battle.

When Churchill sold Poland out to Stalin, every pole had felt they had been crapped on. Every pole soldier or pilot refused to take part in the victory parade.

The British crapped on them. Mind you everybody seems to have crapped on the poles one way or another?

Well said mate, and absolutely true. The Polish Squadrons were fearless. I had you down as one of those who may have forgotton what staunch allies the Poles were. Sorry for that.

Theres a joke about an old polish pilot but in your head you will have to provide the accent

Old polish pilot at a WI meeting reliving his time in the airforce

Remember that polish accent" i vos up a tventy tbousand feet when suddenly two german fockers came out of ze sun ,i managed to shoot zem down..."

"the next day i vas taking off and a focker sprayed my plane but i landed safely"

" a week later a focker came out of the sun and ..." at this point the head lady in the hall stood up and spoke...

"ladies " she said " i must explain a focker was a type of german fighter our polish friend encountered in his time defending our country"

The old pole pipes up in a loud voice "that maybe so madam but these fockers were messersmits"

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Plenty of pilots from different countries fought for other nations notabley some Free French the Normandie Neimen squadrons who fought with much gutso for the Russiansd and famously given the choice of any Allied fighter chose the Yak3 to replace the Yak 9 fighters even though offered and tested the latest P51/P47 Spitfire models makes you think eh? .

2 RAF squadrons also fought with the Russians out of Murmansk I believe .

The Poles and Czechs did brilliantly and got shafted after the war this guys story realy brings home the did the right thing but got shafted for it

Stainslaw Skalkski the top scoring polish ace

After the war he returned to Poland in 1947 and joined the Air Force of the Polish Army. In 1948 however he was arrested by the communist regime under the false charge of espionage. Sentenced to death, he spent three years awaiting the execution, after which his sentence was changed to life imprisonment in Wronki Prison.

220px-Skalski_Mustang_III.jpg
magnify-clip.png
A Mustang III flown by Wing Commander Stanisław Skalski, C/O of 133(Polish) Fighter Wing, Coolham, June 1944.

After the end of Stalinism in Poland, in 1956 he was released, rehabilitated, and allowed to join the military. He served at various posts in the Headquarters of the Polish Air Forces. He wrote memoires of the 1939 campaign Czarne krzyże nad Polską ("Black crosses over Poland", 1957). On 20 May 1968 he was nominated the secretary general of the Aeroklub Polski and on 10 April 1972 he retired. On 15 September 1988 he was promoted to the rank of Brigadier General. In 1990 he met with the German pilot he had rescued on the first day of the war.

Stanisław Skalski died in Warsaw on 12 November 2004.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: