EATING PIKE

Houghton

Emma, you are the one who is defending yourself by attacking me when I suggested that bringing up casual sex on a topic regarding the eating of fish should be a no-no.

Some men want to keep the two things seperate!!. :rolleyes::D

As has been pointed out somewhere along this rolling thread, some contributors don't properly read what has been posted, but rather go on about what they 'think' has been posted. I did not introduce the term 'casual sex'...do you know who did?

'Recreational sex' was cited as an example of something which we do for pleasure, like eating fish (or any other creature), but we don't HAVE to do in order to survive. In that context I believe that it was a valid term. I did not account for the impact that the use of the word, nor the implication of the notion of 'sex' would have upon you. I understand that some people remain painfully insecure about such things even into adulthood. Now that you have made it clear that you are one of them then we can try to aviod embarassing you.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
Question for Rabbit, Tiddler Tamer and Tigger - do you eat Fish?

Yes Rob I do occasionally eat fish ...sea fish as part of a main meal. But unlike some I don't sit round eating coarse fish as a recreational pass time whilst having casual sex like a Bonobo Chimp!!!!!! I have to say the smell of Coarse fish during my sexy times :rolleyes: would be very off putting :yucky:;):lol:

Yes Rob I do occasionally eat fish ...sea fish as part of a main meal.

In that case I'm interested to know why you think it's OK to eat Sea Fish and not Coarse Fish?

We (Anglers) are all opposed to the illegal netting and trapping of our Freshwater fish.

We're also opposed to long lining.

So if some people choose to eat some of the fish they catch without taking oversized specimens from fisheries where the stocks will sustain it and allow it then I can't see the difference between that and you eating sea fish. If anything I think it's better practice, at least the fish taken by Coarse Anglers will have been humanely dispatched rather than suffocated in a trawlers net.

Oh, I was hoping for "Eating Carp".

MC

1 carp (4-1/2 lbs.),

white wine vinegar, enough to cover fish

3 large sliced onions

1 bay leaf

mixed (dried) herbs

8 black peppercorns

salt

1 lemon

1. Soak the carp for three hours in salted water. Wash, scale and dry.

2. Place in a fish kettle, bring vinegar to a boil and pour over fish.

Let soak for 10 minutes.

3. Add sliced onions, bay leaf, herbs, salt and peppercorns. Bring to

a boil, reduce heat to low heat and cook until fish is tender.

4. Rinse carp quickly in hot, then cold water. Then place back in

stock and gently reheat. Remove fish to a platter.

5. Serve with a horseradish sauce, boiled potatoes and watercress or a

salad. Garnish with lemon slices. In Franconia, carp is often served

with a potato salad.

Guten Appetit!

Serves 4 - 6

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Guest tigger
In that case I'm interested to know why you think it's OK to eat Sea Fish and not Coarse Fish?

We (Anglers) are all opposed to the illegal netting and trapping of our Freshwater fish.

We're also opposed to long lining.

So if some people choose to eat some of the fish they catch without taking oversized specimens from fisheries where the stocks will sustain it and allow it then I can't see the difference between that and you eating sea fish. If anything I think it's better practice, at least the fish taken by Coarse Anglers will have been humanely dispatched rather than suffocated in a trawlers net.

If you've actually read all of my previous posts you will see that I'm not against eating the odd fish but am against promoting the eating of coarse fish which in this country isn't a commonly ate fish. By encouraging it on the World web people who would never have considered eating coarse fish may do so just as it's the latest fad. In this country it is generally a social no no and we (the majority) of anglers practice a catch and release system and this is what we should be promoting to the European immigrants.

In this country it is generally a social no no and we (the majority) of anglers practice a catch and release system and this is what we should be promoting to the European immigrants.

We owe the very presence of Carp in these Isles to a centuries long enthusiasm for scoffing them. Perhaps considering the practice as so wrong is really the 'fad'?

If you've actually read all of my previous posts you will see that I'm not against eating the odd fish but am against promoting the eating of coarse fish which in this country isn't a commonly ate fish. By encouraging it on the World web people who would never have considered eating coarse fish may do so just as it's the latest fad. In this country it is generally a social no no and we (the majority) of anglers practice a catch and release system and this is what we should be promoting to the European immigrants.

I wouldn't think anyone reading this thread would be convinced to do it personally.

Rabbit seems to think you're as vehemently against it as he is, as are 'the majority' apparently.