EATING PIKE

Houghton

I hate hugh fernly whittingsall or how ever you spell it. Someone show him a recipe for poached *@ck head. He might do us all a favour.
I have watched HWS(I can't spell it either)ever since is early days and I used to think his methods and recipes were aimed at trying to make people live off the land,be it owning an allotment or picking or killing wild food.however after looking on his website at the prices of his stuff,it somehow makes him seem very false.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This threads gettin a bit borin now, can't someone open another thread with something else we can all argue about ?

'eatin Eels?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

While having sex ;):lol:

Don't get serious on me now Emma just pullin your leg woman :D

I expected YOU to take it seriously, and waffle on about 'Eels-lib'!

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I normally read the sea fishing bit of the forum but saw this topic and though "oh good some recipes". However, its been great fun reading the racist twaddle about East Europeans and gibberish written by people that torture fish for fun and think it odd that some of us want to eat the thing we have frightened half to death, filled with adrenalin and then burnt with our rough handling and stripped half the poor thing's scales off.

What we really need in the UK is more Zander. They are delicious. Might even tempt me back into freshwater fishing.....

Chris

Guest tigger
I normally read the sea fishing bit of the forum but saw this topic and though "oh good some recipes". However, its been great fun reading the racist twaddle about East Europeans and gibberish written by people that torture fish for fun and think it odd that some of us want to eat the thing we have frightened half to death, filled with adrenalin and then burnt with our rough handling and stripped half the poor thing's scales off.

What we really need in the UK is more Zander. They are delicious. Might even tempt me back into freshwater fishing.....

Chris

After reading your post I think you should stick to sea fishing .......as far away as poss

Just got back from holiday and the thread is still going!

A few tasty comments have been flying around, with the odd one hurtled in my direction. Thanks for that boys and girls. I would let it all die down but, having been away, I do feel I should state my case again so people have the option of understanding my simple argument or get the chance to get all hot under the collar again...

Here goes.

First of all, for the record, I was in Barcelona and not Krakow… Notwithstanding this, my argument does relate to Eastern Europe.

Angling forums and the UK angling press are awash with horror stories of Eastern Europeans in the UK catching and eating fish. I remember five articles in one single issue of one of the two major UK angling papers recently.

I can't say I am particularly keen on anybody taking a coarse fish home for the pot and yet I'm also not keen of the moral panic whipped up by the media about Eastern Europeans.

It appears that some UK anglers take coarse fish for the pot themselves – as the posts on this forum indicate - and yet there is no outcry about this.

Surely this is double standards.

Its OK for Emma or Vagabond to take fish. God forbid if you post the same message here under the name Emmski or Vagabondislawa though...

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

It appears that some UK anglers take coarse fish for the pot themselves – as the posts on this forum indicate - and yet there is no outcry about this.

Surely this is double standards.

Its OK for Emma or Vagabond to take fish. God forbid if you post the same message here under the name Emmski or Vagabondislawa though...

Not entirely fair TT as not all of us try and turn every thread into a anti Eastern European issue.

Also I personaly dont care who takes a fish as long as its done correctly.As Im sure neither do many others. That said being of a different nationality doesnt excuse rule breaking.I have to stick to local rules when I fish abroad and more so ensure I am aware and understand them.

No double standards from a lot on here.In fact the only ones Ive read here knocking the taking of fish have also done so across the board so whether their point is right or wrong at least its consistant!

Its a great shame though when every thread on here decends to the same subject though.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!