EATING PIKE

Houghton

Thats the problem, I try to avoid it but its like a car crash I just can't look away even though it sickens me.

Rich

Try harder ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the problem, I try to avoid it but its like a car crash I just can't look away even though it sickens me.

My point is this topic now has little or no value, its just an arguement and mudslinging contest. You may find it interesting but not for any piscatorial reasons, this forum is no longer the place for this nonsense.

If I were a new poster and I saw this I'd worry about posting anything for fear of being attacked. I've got no problems people eloquently discussing their points of view but too often its just head in the sand and slag off all and sundry. I don't care how strongly people may feel about things, acting like this is inexcusable, manners cost nothing.

Maybe the forum has changed and moved on, I hope not because I liked it the way it used to be.

I'd ask once again please could this topic be closed or moved (to a new pointless circular arguement forum) or alternatively could the main protagonists swap emails or something and argue in private?

Rich

+1

I thought that's what the PM function was for

TBH the 'arguments' on here are pretty mild compared to some forums but still, not good.

As an avid pike fisherman my views are going to be biased towards livebaiting and not eating pike but I suppose I have to understand the views of those who don't fish for them etc

Agreed, this is really going nowhere. More an excercise in low-level sophistry than anything else. Maybe stick it in the non-fishing forum.

I expect the lousy weather should take some of the blame.

If you are a new poster, don't let it put you off joining in proper topics.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

+1

I thought that's what the PM function was for

As an avid pike fisherman my views are going to be biased towards livebaiting and not eating pike but I suppose I have to understand the views of those who don't fish for them etc

That's odd, that's what I thought a forum was for.

I have seen little evidence of mud slinging or slagging people off.

Rabbit has put forward his arguments, and even though he is obviously wrong on so many levels, he has stood his ground and told me (mistakenly) that I am wrong.

I of course, have corrected him as gently as I could.

It is interesting that RC bought up the pub analogy. If I was in a pub with Rabbit at the moment I wouldn't be taking him outside, I would be buying him another drink and continuing our (sometimes) heated discussion of the rights and wrongs of the angling world. In fact Rabbit is one of the few folk on here that I would quite like to be in the pub or even fishing with. ;)

Maybe he could continue my coarse fishing education whilst I put him right on a few things.

In the meantime, as long as the language is decent and we don't descend to name calling I don't see why we shouldn't continue our little spat, we don't take up much room and if you don't like it then you really don't have to read it.

Looks like you and me against the world then Rabbit :thumbs:

Nothing new there then Eh :D

its pretty mild compared to some and entertaining too :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

its pretty mild compared to some and entertaining too :D

Thank you Mr chesters, you're another one I wouldn't mind a session in the pub with. I could put you right on so many things :rolleyes:

you're welcome :D

mrs just fixing the hood on my new jacket (thanks you know who you are ;) ) and i'm off down the pond to right the angling world again ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have to agree that after 25 pages you should have been able to make up your mind that you aren't interested in a thread. There is no need to close a thread just because it isn't going anywhere. It's not like any of us is getting offensive or getting offended. It is going to slide out of sight over the next day or so in any case!

And then we'll start another one on the merits of trout livebaits :D :D

And then we'll start another one on the merits of trout livebaits :D :D

Trout livebaits, trout livebaits, who mentioned trout livebaits

Much better off with a nice two pound barbel as livebait, preferably from somewhere like Makins where apparently there are a few to be caught

I agree that since this thread has not gone down the 'name calling road' then why close it?

It's threads like this that make a forum interesting. It gives an insight into other members, and lets you get to 'know' them a bit better. (it even helps you spot the occasional wind up) ;)

Although the 'look what I caught' threads can be interesting and provide encouragement to the angler concerned, they do get very repetitive.

There's a thread running now about lure fishing, and since it holds little interest for me I don't read it, it's that easy. :D

If I was in a pub right now with Neil (Rabbit) I'd insist that he bought ME a pint. :rolleyes:

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John