International Courier

Elton

Anybody know of an international courier that charges by the weight of the parcel and not 'volumetric weight'?

Volumetric weighting is killing the international trade of my gift business :(

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I don't know of one I'm afraid. However the business is very competitive and rates are very negotiable, more so than many realise.

I've tried many firms over the years and the most reliable in my area has been Initial City Link. However, bear in mind that a carrier is only as good as its weakest link - which may be a trading partner at the other end when sending internationally.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

On an international carrier space is at a premium, therefore the larger the goods the more it will cost. Thats why its done on volume. You most likely send it air, which means that the heavier the aircraft the more fuel is required for takeoff. It would cost less by road, but takes a hell of a lot more time. There is also more paperwork involved, which uses more staff, and that again again costs.

On this note Elton, I wanted to thank you for getting the t-shirts off so quicky. The medium was a bit too big for my daughter but she'll be able to wear it for a night shirt for a few more years. Wore mine today for the first time. :D

Wasn't thinking when I set up the address, which was an APO here in the UK. :o Should have sent my house address instead of a box number. Sorry!!

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...