Is this an AN centrepin ?

Tigger

A number of times I have gone back via the search function and read threads of old - older than dirt some of them. When was Elton ever a "guest"?

For the really old stuff, look for Elton in UK.REC.FISHING.COARSE (Before website forums we had Internet Newsgroups)

ps I've got specially designed handle-less handles on my AN centrepin!

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

For the really old stuff, look for Elton in UK.REC.FISHING.COARSE (Before website forums we had Internet Newsgroups)

ps I've got specially designed handle-less handles on my AN centrepin!

Go on then Leon - it's 'the rules' after a statement like that - you HAVE to post a picture! :D

Go on then Leon - it's 'the rules' after a statement like that - you HAVE to post a picture! :D

ere you go then

10104473986_c67b355739_z.jpg

(Most centrepins have a front plate with holes. You can remove the handles (which cause tangles with the line in windy conditions and generally get in the way when batting etc), and use a finger in one of the holes when playing a fish. Because the AN pin doesn't have a front plate, Andy designed these. The original attempt didn't work too well, but after talking to him, we came up with these balanced 'trigger' shapes that cater for both left and right handed anglers, and those that like the line coming off the top of the reel as well as those like me who have it coming off the bottom).

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• 1 month later...

Andy said he was happy to convert mine for free as Im a "finger poker" as well and don't like handles. Just never got around to getting it to him as I was always using it! Ive had most of the pins and rate the AN one as one of the best. Certainly the best value for money. Don't know what the end RRP was but he certainly looked after us AN regulars.Hope Andy is well and still at it.

Mr Waller! glad to see your still alive!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!