IE 9 compatibility issue with Chrome

Phone

All,

My computer ground to a near halt over time. I use IE9 and my family like Chrome.

I fiddled around with stuff I didn't understand - running stuff I didn't understand - etc.

Finally I uninstalled Google Chrome and BINGO - I have a race horse back. Actually just a computer that appears to be running properly. I know my wife and daughter are going to want Chrome.

How do I go about re-installing Chrome with confidence?

Phone

Wotnob,

They both have their own Mac Air computer - - and - - - iPhones - - - - and - - - - - iPads. and the WIFI router is 1000mbps.

Frankly I think they just like to biytch. Well - - - - I know they do.

I just think since I broke it I ought to be able to fix it. There to - - - I should have known better

Phone

if you have windows 7 then upgrade your IE9 to IE10 which might help.

when installing Chrome be sure to just install the basic browser and not its toolbar. toolbars are generally a nightmare with most IE installs and will slow the IE browser down to a crawl at the best of times. plus there is nothing you can do in a toolbar you cant do in a matter of clicks from within a browser anyway! they are a pointless waste of resources and bandwidth!!

second; uninstall any and all toolbars you have in IE. quickest way to do that is to just reset advanced settings and then Reset the browser. goto>internet options>advanced then choose restore advanced settings; then choose reset

when you install chrome...hunt down the google updater program and destroy it utterly!! you should find it in the add remove programs options! kill it quick!!

if you cant find it there then use CCleaner and disable it in startup then hunt it down and destroy it!

its a pain in the arse and is known to be a huge system hog and cause of several issues.

finally if you have multiple user accounts on your system then be sure to install the "full version" of chrome:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/126299

choose the installer for multiple accounts

this will be sure to install chrome in the user accounts areas rather than general areas and will help with multiple users accessing its features,.

Kiri,

Windows Vista. Do I need to go ahead and buy upgrade? (Vista runs IE9 - [which I have])

One user.

Got it on what to do with the toolbars and google updater program. Will do!

Phone

upgrading is up to you mate...but Vista is a vast steaming heap of memory hogging tripe! unless you had a core2duo or similar it ran like a dog breakfast!!

id recommend and update to windows 7 personally...you will find it faster and far less likely to hog memory resources etc.

but that's your call.