Sheep

Tony U

My mate was fishing Tenterden Trout Waters a few years back and hooked a sheep on the back cast; he played it for a few minutes but unfortunately, it broke him off .

Had he landed successfully do you think it would have been right for him to take it home for the pot?

Also has anybody else had sheep related angling adventures?

Tony

:D:D:D:D

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Also has anybody else had sheep related angling adventures?

Not really, Tony, but would sheep-related Morris Dancing be of any interest?

post-5915-1217944986_thumb.jpg

Davy

They look good do they dance with real Sheep?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Davy

They look good do they dance with real Sheep?

Tony

No, they just have a Hobby Sheep that dances with them when their dragon is having a rest. :)

But have you ever managed to hook it on your back cast???? :o:o

Edited by Tony U

Tony

i use Dragon Carp Rods And Count Sheep When on a night session not catching

dose that count :rolleyes:

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

The most famous sheep in these parts was 'Tupper' the ram, at Dunsforth.

Many an unsuspecting angler was sent flying by a sneak attack from behind.

I've seen rod rests bent over it's head and still it kept coming. If you were lucky then all it did was eat your groundbait, if you were really unlucky then you found yourself in the river.

The only way I found to deter it was to throw a bucket of water over it, but if it took a dislike to you then even that wouldn't stop it!

It got so famous that it's had a field named after it, http://www.leedsdasa.co.uk/html/rivers27map.html.

It's long gone now, and I was never sure whether there was just one, or like 'Lassie' several different ones over the years.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I have fond memories of Ramrod, the Young's Brewery mascot, who lived for many years at the Ram Brewery in Wandsworth. His horns grew so big, he had to have a metal spreader fitted to keep them from folding in on themselves and obstructing his vision. He's long gone now too (and so is any decent draught beer from that brewery, now they've merged with Charles Wells and moved to Bedford). :(

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...en%26safe%3Doff

And before you ask me, Gozzer, I 'm not a great fan of Black Sheep Ale. :P

And before you ask me, Gozzer, I 'm not a great fan of Black Sheep Ale. :P

Not tried it Davy, so can't comment. But I think it was a 'guest beer' at one of the local pubs a while back.

Another tale concerning sheep, (and a few other animals) was while fishing a match at Topcliffe.

It was a very windy, showery day, and I had trouble keeping my umbrella steady. At the end of the match I was trying to take it down when a strong gust took it from my hands.

It lifted up into the field behind me, and started to roll along the side of the hedge. This startled the two horses that were there and they ran away followed by the umbrella and me trying to catch it. The horses started the couple of goats running, and they in turn started the sheep. So I had this scene where I was chasing the umbrella with the menagerie in front, all running down the one side of the field. The horses and goats ran to the other side of the field out of the way. But the stupid sheep just ran into a corner and were 'trapped' by this big green 'monster' and it's even bigger owner, (me). They were climbing over each other to try and get away, but didn't move along the edge to escape!

My mate took a photo of the chase, (if I can find it I'll put it up). All it needed was the Benny Hill music to make the scene complete. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John