River Severn Barbel

ben88

Sorry for the short notice but tomorrow, well today we are planning on fishing Bridgenorth, either the Rowing club, The Park Slipway or some where near the second Bridge, I think its the bypass bridge for Barbel.

I have left overs of some sensas Halibut and hemp ground bait, some 12 mm Hallibut and some 15mm and 4mm Robin Red pellets alondg with some other Halibut pellets and some bread which I plan to blend up and add to my ground bait to bulk it out as I dont know of a tackle shop open in the area.

I have also heard that Hotdog Sausage has been catching around Iron Bridge

If anyone else has any ideas, tips (or secret techniques) it would be appreciated.

I have been fishing Hampton Loade lately and most of my Barbel fishing has been done in summer so litterally anyadvice would be fantastic.

Thanks.

hmmmm really

You had a miserable day for it.

If the weather hadn't been so pants, I would have been out myself.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Yeah It wasnt great but when youve got the waterproofs on and under a brolly its not to bad....Untill a swan takes off right into your line dragging the rod in and forcng me mid shin deep to get it back. Wet feet all day, not to pleasent. A cuppa tea and Steak baggeutte from the river and rail cheered me up though

hmmmm really