You couldn't write this.

Had a problem with one of my teeth last week so booked an emergency appointment with my dentist.

Being the UK, an emergency dental appointment meant a four day wait. For anyone not familiar with our system finding a dentist is like trying to find Unicorn sh*t.

Anyway turned up today for my dental appointment after four days of sheer agony to be asked the following by the receptionist, "So I know we have you booked in for an emergency dental appointment can you confirm that it is to do with your teeth."..as the people behind me burst out laughing I raised my middle finger and said, " No, it's my middle finger can you fix it." The two other receptionists looked at their colleague with amusement and suppressed a laugh at my reply. The receptionist I spoke to told me not to be rude to which I replied that she might reconsider her employment if the fact she was working in a dentist did not give her a clue as to why people needed emergency dental appointments.

I know the practice manager was not amused.

Now what idiot, who works in a dentist, would ask you why you needed an emergency dental appointment.

I'm just glad the dentist was competent enough to locate the right tooth.

I think it's a question they have to ask because of the general stupidity of the UK these days. I bet they have had people go there with knee or rib problems in the past. Either that or they might have a special 'gum' dentist, ha.

I personally just go to my local emergency dentist (located in a local small "hospital") if I ever need work done. It costs £16 a trip but I'll take that for the one time I've been there and to have a problem tooth removed and out of the door within 45 minutes including waiting time and procedure time.

Started coarse fishing February last year, species so far:

Roach, Rudd, Bream, Tench, Perch, Carp, Gudgeon, Eel, Crucian and a Goldfish.

Just like a warning on a packet of peanuts.

This product my contain NUTS

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”