Kids fishing

Ryanrecon

Hi everyone , I took my lad 8 fishing to one of my local lakes and on the way round the lake just looking we walked past a fishery bailiff who was fishing he turned and barked at me and my son " you fishing!! " no why? I asked "well it's too dangerous "

What???? Why what fish you got in there???? I said?

It's too deep and he might fall in.

Well as much as I aprecatied his "concern" as fake as it was he just didn't like kids and didn't think fishing was a place for kids

Well I pride my self that in genaral when I go out with three kids I come back with three

I don't know about you but my dad taught me to fish ,

This attitude has to stop

Rant over?

Sorry you ran across such an idiot. I started fishing from a boat with my Dad at about age 2 years and by myself from the bank at about age 6 years. 68 now and still going strong so it can't be that dangerous. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno about UK anglers in general but there are loads on here who think that taking kids fishing is a great idea.

In the US the vast majority of our waters are public and we don't have bailiffs. We have Fish & Wildlife officers who are sworn law enforcement officers, carry guns, and are as friendly & polite as you could want.

• Like 1
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President