A storm is a'coming

Leon Roskilly

Been blustery all day on Suffolk coast until around 1800 when it went strangely quiet. Took the opportunity to rope down all the stuff in the skip.

Don't fancy cupboard doors and stuff flying about.

It has just started peeing down as I type.

Norfolk coast warning just been moved from amber to red.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Update 0630 this morning

DSCF1392_zpsce80153c.jpg

Lost your beach then n4lly: now I'm worried about the beech in the garden !!! Edited by garylee

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

Is it here yet?

Two power cuts overnight but we get more without the excuse of a little breeze

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

A complete dud up here. We had more wind yesterday morning than we did over night.

Hope everyone else faired well with no property damage.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Not a lot happened here in this corner of Kent.

The higher winds went through Essex to the north of here.

No impact on our close, but a few small branches down along surrounding streets, a small tree uprooted in a neighbouring close and someone lost a few fence panels.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Well, the scaffolding is still up, (so are the planks, Paul).

Plenty of rain, and it's a bit breezy, but nothing else.....yet.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

We're a little further east than Leon and nearer the English Channel. The forecast for nearby Manston was a max average wind speed of 40mph and gusts to 65mph. We reached 43 average, 70mph max, so pretty accurate. Down on the coast near Dover it was 47mph average with gusts to 82mph.

My lakes at Wingham should hopefully be a little more sheltered from the SW, but on the other hand we're more wooded so we could have more fallen trees. Terry and I are going down tomorrow morning to deal with any trees that have become casualties.

It could be a long day!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Posted on here 7am ish this morning then power went off, just came back on so about normal for a power out in our village. As for damage our biggest tree lost a large branch which is now laying across an H bed full of roses so until I get out into the garden tomorrow I don't know how many bushes have been squashed.

Across the road a tree has gone over and laying onto a wall, wall looks ok no damage. Most of the shops have been closed in the village but the CO-OP stayed open, staff couldn't use the tills and as there were no lights so they set up at the doors and took orders if you had the correct money.

Plenty of odd trees down and branches snapped off in surrounding area and the drive into a local town was a bit iffy playing dodge the downed branches: but I've got history when it comes to big storms and cars !!!

Edited by garylee

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was