A storm is a'coming

Leon Roskilly

If anyone missed it, there's every possibility of a repeat next weekend:

Although the worst of it should be over tonight, forecasters say a deep Atlantic low is building up to unleash another storm as early as the weekend. Jonathan Powell, of Vantage Weather Services, said: “We could see a similar picture, if not worse.”

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

high tide for next week end, could be interesting.

One thing today, Dungeness shut down it's reactors and their own diesel generators took over. As it's on the beach, at sea level, what happens if it's generators get flooded? Wouldn't want to see a nuc accident. Yes I know they like lots of cooling water, but why ohh why do they build them at sea level?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

That must be some village shopS co-op !

It was hell here ,a leaf blew past and i thought i heard a rustle in the back garden, i think the cover over the barbi moved an inch!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

high tide for next week end, could be interesting.

One thing today, Dungeness shut down it's reactors and their own diesel generators took over. As it's on the beach, at sea level, what happens if it's generators get flooded? Wouldn't want to see a nuc accident. Yes I know they like lots of cooling water, but why ohh why do they build them at sea level?

Meteotsunamis are not exactly uncommon and probably why they shut it down..

A repeat of the Dover Straits earthquake of 1580 and it's associated tsunami would also be most unfortunate.

There have also been real monsters in the disatant past. The east coast of Scotland was struck by a 70 feet (21 m) high tsunami around 6100 BC

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

That must be some village shopS co-op !

It was hell here ,a leaf blew past and i thought i heard a rustle in the back garden, i think the cover over the barbi moved an inch!

It must have been very frightening chesters my bbq was safely stored in my gararge and yes do we have a CO-OP Edited by garylee

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

ken

6100 BC relevance?

barry,

why ohh why do you think I live 1300 miles inland

Phone

That tsunami originated off the coast of Norway, but 8,000 years ago the Eath was still comming out of the last ice age and sea levels were much lower than present.

At that time Doggerland had only recently been inundated and the waters of the North Sea were shallow - which isn't good for tsunami propogation.

If such an event were to happen now with higher sea levels (upto 30m higher), the impact at Dungeness would be catestrophic.

That tsunami originated off the coast of Norway, but 8,000 years ago the Eath was still comming out of the last ice age and sea levels were much lower than present.

At that time Doggerland had only recently been inundated and the waters of the North Sea were shallow - which isn't good for tsunami propogation.

If such an event were to happen now with higher sea levels (upto 30m higher), the impact at Dungeness would be catestrophic.

The impact at Sizewell and every other Nuclear powerstation would be as bad - are they not all built on coasts?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

A complete dud up here. We had more wind yesterday morning than we did over night.

Hope everyone else faired well with no property damage.

The Suffolk coast and up to 30 miles in land took a pounding, we were hit very hard for about two hours.

At around 0830 during the worst of it I went to check on the Skip as I didnt fancy the load flying around and having to pay for damages caused, it was fine but.........

As I trotted back to the house the biggest gust of the day (around 80-85 mph I belive) came down the Stour across the Orwell and hit the Trimley / Felixstowe hard.

I heard it as it hit some nearby trees and struggled to stay on my feet as it hit me, I held on to the front door and could not belive the noise, watched next doors fence get ripped up, was pounded by leaves, small twigs and small particles of cement. Another neighbors garden ornaments flew past me plus a few polystrene things out of the skip, when I say flew - they flew at head height!The gust lasted around 40-50 seconds and as it subsided I managed to get in the front door where I found the wife and kids in semi shock.

The gust had ripped of two ridge tiles and a normal tile off the roof - fortunatly only tennis ball sized bits hit the top of the conservatory (where the kids were peering through the door - PARP!!!) as bits of broken tile and cement rained down, (one ridge tile stayed up there) both a ridge and a roof tile hit the decking with such force that I found bits embedded in the Guinea pigs cage (they were in their winter cage in the conservatory, hence kids peering through checking they were ok (despite me telling them NO)) and up to 10 meters away down the garden.

Two neighbors lost fences and I could see at least six houses with roof damage, once storm passed we heard that a car 100m up the road had taken a hit from something that left a big gash in the bonnet and took out the front window and could see plenty of houses with roof damage - strange thing was no trees down - up the other end of the village several trees had come down yet very little roof damage - storm damage lottery!

In hindsight if them tiles had come down the other side of the roof or I had used the back door instead of front - I could well of become a casualty or worse.

At 0930 ironically the skip was collected!

A final footnote - I am a ton out of pocket but the roof has been fixed, had two ridge tiles and three roof tiles either put on or replaced - just in time as today it has peed down a couple of times!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!