Soon be time for roach

Anderoo

Excellent Mark, the river looks just right too - I'm desperate to get out and get started but life keeps getting in the way... Hopefully soon.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I might be a bit late with this, but I thought it would be of interest to you Thames roach, (and other species) anglers.

http://www.telemetry-data.co.uk/open;jsessionid=MIGTV0ti2OALCuMBB4W-tc0X.mac-ws-1

I got it from the Conservation section, it tells you the DO levels, temp, and turbidity of the Thames at various places.

It might even help Andrew in his quest for a 2lb Thames roach. :fishing:

John.

Sorry link not working, will try again later.

I think it's working now.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I might be a bit late with this, but I thought it would be of interest to you Thames roach, (and other species) anglers.

http://www.telemetry-data.co.uk/open;jsessionid=MIGTV0ti2OALCuMBB4W-tc0X.mac-ws-1

I got it from the Conservation section, it tells you the DO levels, temp, and turbidity of the Thames at various places.

It might even help Andrew in his quest for a 2lb Thames roach. :fishing:

John.

Sorry link not working, will try again later.

I think it's working now.

I still get a blank screen.

I use a combination of EA levels, Maidenhead Rowing club flow levels and experience to try to gauge when it is right but being 100 miles away I have to take a chance, with EA levels hard to read on the Thames due to the adjustments made to weirs. Sometimes, even though I think it will be OK, I still struggle. Last season I did OK in October and November, as I have done this season but it was very hard in late season and I had just one bite in 2 sessions, with it far too high most of the winter. I hope Anderoo succeeds this winter; it's all too easy to watch the months fly by and find the end of the season upon us. What I am finding on the Thames is that good roach to a pound plus are fairly easy to find once you know which stretches but the big ones are much more localised, back to the usual couple of square yards as is often the case. This is why I'll probably never get a Thames '2' (Peter Stone never managed it in over 60 years!) but enjoying quality Thames roach fishing with some over a pound is what it has always been about and following a great tradition.

It's strange, it's stopped working for me now Mark, but worked fine when I first put the edited version up.

I'll try again.

Try this one, http://www.telemetry-data.co.uk/open?profile=Thamesangler (fingers crossed).

You just have to agree to the terms, to access it.

John.

Strange, it's going straight to the charts now.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

...it's all too easy to watch the months fly by and find the end of the season upon us.

That's true enough! The winter usually flies by and before you know it you're chasing those previous last few days wondering where the weeks went.

I get a good look at the river every day so I always know what condition it's in - I'm very lucky in that respect. Currently though I'm very unlucky in actually getting on the bank. All very frustrating, I really need to be out at least once a week throughout the winter.

I have some bread drying out in the shed now though, in the hope of a quick session at some point over the weekend. I think I know what I'm doing now, and time on the bank is now the most important thing.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It's strange, it's stopped working for me now Mark, but worked fine when I first put the edited version up.

I'll try again.

Try this one, http://www.telemetry-data.co.uk/open?profile=Thamesangler (fingers crossed).

You just have to agree to the terms, to access it.

John.

Strange, it's going straight to the charts now.

That works; very interesting especially as I was on the Thames yesterday. I've bookmarked it so hopefully I can access it again.

Well I actually managed to go fishing :) Only for a couple of hours before dusk but it was great to be back out there. The balanced feeder worked well and conditions were good, a decent flow and good colour. The new rod is very nice too, just the job.

I had quite a few roach but nothing big, also a couple of small chub which is unusual on that bit of river. Once again as soon as dusk arrived it just shut down completely, I don't know why but it happens every time.

It was a very still afternoon, hopefully next time it will be windier. Again, I don't know why but the bigger roach seem to show when it's windy.

Edited by Anderoo