Need a Dutch translator..... Mr Taylor where are you??

tj2

Hi folks.... I've been neglecting to visit for a while....(mainly due to small person hogging the computer for hours) He has been ebaying!!!

He has bought stuff from a person in Holland whose command of English rates alongside mine of Dutch. Therefore a translator is needed !!!If Alan has any time to mail me (or anyone else who is up on Dutch) It would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Terry :D:D

The best I can do is German if Alan isn't around. Dutch, as far as I can tell, is like a kind of 'Pigeon' German so I might get the gist of what's going on.

Paul

tj2:

Hi folks.... I've been neglecting to visit for a while

Just love it, you ignore us for months and as soon as you are in the proverbial, "oh lets try AN" :D:D

Send it along and we will sort it with pleasure.

Wrecking in the morning then working in the evening so email it and Sonja will try and sort it for you.

Cheers

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Cheers Paul, sent a mail to Alan so lets see what its all about. I also know a bit of German (loooooooooong time since I used it tho) I think I got the basics of the item but need specifics for payment!

Alan

quote:

Just love it, you ignore us for months and as soon as you are in the proverbial, "oh lets try AN"
:D:D

It hasn't been months just a while........thats all and anyway I don't normally post........ :rolleyes::D:D

I need to do some fishing... weather has stopped me going out for mad sessions on my bike (have to be sensible on the slippy roads) so Now I can't un wind :(

Now I'm rambling ...............

Cheers

Terry

Peggy's a regular e-Bayer and speaks a little Dutch having lived in Holland for a while some years ago. She says if you post the message here she'll do her best to translate it tonight, even if it's not going to be as good as Alan's.

This reminds me of when we had a stand at a tackle show in Amsterdam. A couple of Dutch carp anglers were admiring some of our rods and wondered what chance there was of a discount. One said to the other that whilst haggling it would be better to continue in Dutch as we wouldn't understand them. They were speechless when Peggy replied in Dutch!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve Burke:

Peggy's a regular e-Bayer and speaks a little Dutch having lived in Holland for a while some years ago.

I will go into the bank in the morning and make the payment for you Terry, you can send me a cheque when it is all sorted. OK?

Just got in, wrecking all day and strait into an office to clean, knackered so will get back to you.

As for the boat, I am going through the Dutch courts at the moment and having them both charged with obtaining goods by false pretences or some such prisonable offence.

Cheers for now

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/