Lottery Grant to develop a lake.

BML

My local club did just that some years ago.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I know naff-all about the scheme - even if it is still viable, or was simply a local initiative, but a few years back (3ish?) the EA up here were offering all sorts of incentives to aid with the creation of new stillwater fisheries. At that time, if you owned the land (or had the correct permissions in place from a landowner) and wanted to create a new stillwater on that land, the EA were funding all sorts, from free technical assistance, survets, planning applications etc, through financial support during the creation of the lake and even assistance with free stocking!

A local angling club wants to develop a lake it rents in an attempt to encourage interest in the sport. Has anyone come across anything like this?

Develop it into what?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

My local club did just that some years ago.

Wasn't that to help fund the forming and stocking or just stocking of a newly formed lake, not to develop an existing lake?

And no carp allowed to be stocked wasn't it or was that just a club rule?

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Wasn't that to help fund the forming and stocking or just stocking of a newly formed lake, not to develop an existing lake?

And no carp allowed to be stocked wasn't it or was that just a club rule ?

It was just a "wet patch" in a copse - probably an old, nearly dried up, marlpit.

We got lottery funding to assist in enlarging, dredging, stocking etc. One of the conditions of funding was that no carp be stocked, so the funders had the right idea. Another condition was the provision of a couple of wheel-chair-accessible and wheel-chair-friendly swims. (in actual fact there are plenty of such in addition to the designated two)

I have no idea what the situation re obtaining grants etc , is nowadays. This all happened about fifteen years ago when any imaginative scheme, if supported by the right and correctly-filled-in forms, stood a fair chance of lottery funding - it may be very different now.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...