Jelly Belly beans

littlefeathers

I am trying to buy myself (Christmas present from me to me) a large as possible (or affordable) bag of the Jelly Belly beans :P . Those of you who have tried them and loved them like I do will know why I want a big bag

I have done various searches on ebay, yahoo and google and it would seem that the beans are priced about £3.50 a lb - does anyone know if this is about right or too expensive. :confused:

Also, does anyone know the best place to buy them and can I order them from the USA - seeings its food.

Any advice would be grately appreciated.

Thanks

Mandy x :D

Guest Ferret1959

Aldi's do an similar product that tastes the same but cheaper.

45p a bag.

Probly the same product packaged for a differant market.

i havent found bulk but i have certainly found designer beans :D

http://www.yankeedoodleiow.com/shopcandyjb.html

heres a 3lb jar but you will have to locate a seller

http://www.arancandy.com/frame.html

[ 02. December 2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The mother-in-law sends them over every Christmas & birthday, and we always buy several pounds when we go over. I've even been to the factory in California where you can buy individual flavours, their experimental flavours and even mishapes at very reasonabe prices! They even have a restaurent where everything is bean shaped, even the food.

Did you know it takes 2 weeks to make each bean?? The inner bean is made then has to 'cure' in a hot room for days. Then they add the coating and have to polish them which takes a couple more days. After all that it's almost a shame to eat them. Yeah right :D

Here's a bunch waiting to have their coating added P2020011.jpg

Preparing to pack a mixed batch

P2020028.jpg

P2020032.jpg

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

I wonder if they are looking for staff at the moment :P:P . I no I'd be like one of those naughty misbehaved children in 'Willy wonka's chocolate factory', especially where the red cherry and cinnamon ones are concerned :P . I wonder how many I'd need to eat before I got sick of the sight of them :confused: