Can I cut this part of my pole?

jack1432

Good Afternoon all,

I have fitted a bulla bung to the end of my elastic in my pole and it fits fine until I put the next section and then it pushes down into my pole a little bit.

post-20397-0-68104400-1384348707_thumb.jpg

Can I cut the dark part at the end of my pole about about 1inch? It seems more reinforced than the rest of the section. I will still have about 2inches of the dark part left.

Thanks, Jack

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe". (Albert Einstein)

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head, thats assault, not leadership". (Dwight D. Eisenhower)

"Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. Theres no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere". (Groucho marx)

Good Afternoon all,

I have fitted a bulla bung to the end of my elastic in my pole and it fits fine until I put the next section and then it pushes down into my pole a little bit.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Can I cut the dark part at the end of my pole about about 1inch? It seems more reinforced than the rest of the section. I will still have about 2inches of the dark part left.

Thanks, Jack

NO NO NO - you will ruin your pole section (probably your no4 section male end)

You need to cut back the pulla bung a little bit at a time until the next section fits in the no 3 (or 2) correctly.

That why pulla bungs have the long tube out of the back so you can still hold the elastic if the bung is down the pole.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

That's Rudd, much appriecited.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe". (Albert Einstein)

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head, thats assault, not leadership". (Dwight D. Eisenhower)

"Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. Theres no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere". (Groucho marx)

Rudd,

How would it affect my no.4 section? My top 2 sections have the elastic in them, wouldn't it affect my no.3 section?

Thanks, Jack

Either section (3 or 4) might get damaged as there would be less of the sections fitting together. You would essentially be creating a weaker join, so rather than cutting the pole section, so that it's not forcing the bung down further, you cut the bung down a little so that the section isn't coming into contact with it and pushing it in further at all. Just trim the wide end of the bung a little at a time and then push the section in. Once the section stops pushing the bung further, stop trimming it. Watch you don't cut the tube or you make retrieving the bung difficult and watch the bung itself doesn't crack. A good craft knife, a firm hold and small trims at a time.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Rudd,

How would it affect my no.4 section? My top 2 sections have the elastic in them, wouldn't it affect my no.3 section?

Most anglers elasticate top three or dont even use no1 section.

Most of my set ups dont have a no1 as I put the bush on the no2 section unless using a 3 or 4 solid elastic, then I put elastic through 1 and 2 sections with a tiny bung.

I only use these light set ups in the winter when fishing for a bite with very light rigs using 1.5lb main line and bottoms between 1lb down to 1/2 lb and 22/24/26 fine wire hooks baited with a pinkie or punched bread.

A pulla bung when used with these set ups could put to much strain on the rig causing hook to bend out or line to break.

I prefer the elastic and balanced rig to do its job.

I think you will struggle to get a pulla bung in a no 2 section unless someone makes them that small.

Have not seen any myself but could be easily made.

Thanks, Jack

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!