"how to network these blasted things"

Colin Brett

Avoid that shop in the future. Or, if their prices are really good, get advice elsewhere and just buy from them. You were told utter garbage.

A WAP (wireless access point) set up to 'talk' to the wireless network card and plugged into a wired router/switch will do you nicely.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I designed and currently run a website for my local cricket club, and regularly back up my local copy of the site to a second PC. I have been using a piece of software called FastLynx, which transfers files via USB ports using a bridge cable. The transfer rate is very high (hundreds of Mbs in minutes). The cost of the software and the special bridge cable is probably comparable to buying a couple of network cards. Checkout

http://www.sewelld.com

Hope its of use............Terry

Terry