Digital Cameras

kendo

>actually see yourself on the screen as you hold >a fish! I use this in conjunction with a Kaiser >air release and adaptor, which I find miles >better than an infra-red remote.

Steve, why do you prefer the air release to the infra-red? Also is the release and adaptor bulky? I had intended going for one with the IR remote,

Jim.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just squeeze the air release with your knee, which gives you 2 hands completely free to hold the fish without damaging it. It also makes it easier and faster to change the position of the fish, for instance to show both sides. Quite apart from the added convenience, anything that lessens the time that the fish is out of water has got to be a good thing.

The set-up is bigger than an infra-red release, but still small enough to fit into my jacket pocket together with the camera in a case which also contains a set of 4 spare batteries and a spare Compact Flash card.

I'll put up a picture of the set up with my review. In the meantime if you want to buy these accessories online go to www.jessops.com -although there's not a picture there.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

quote:

I too bought one of those Aldi bargains. It is a German make called Traveler and rated at 3.3 mega pixels. In perfect lighting conditions it will take good quality photos, but in anything else the images are full of noise and dropouts.

Oh Dear! I guess I've made a mistake, as I've just got a Nytech camera from Lidl. Same spec as the Olympus C50, but half the price. Good job it's a Christmas pressie.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Steve Burke:

I just wish digital cameras were the same price over here as in the States! :mad:

Steve,

you might be interested in this site.

They're a Stateside company dealing only with the UK and Europe.

Their prices are unbelievable - I've just ordered a Fuji FinePix S3000 Digital Camera for just £181 including delivery and I expect to have it within the next couple of days (from ordering on Sunday night).

The customer feedback page on the site is very encouraging!

[ 16. December 2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: KK ]

Keith

Blyth

Northumberland

http://www.northeastangler.co.uk

it is a majour problem on every digital camera i've used jim, i'm tempted by the mintolta dimage xt which claims to have the quickest start up of any digi camera

Hiya, I just found this thread and found it very interesting indeed, I've also got a DX4900, it takes pretty good pics, I didn't know about the mAh thingy with the batteries, so went and checked mine,rechargable Ni-MH 1700mAh made by Uniross, cost £5.00 for two at B&Q. Alan, if you want a couple of pairs, let me know, I'll post them over...B&Q are doing two pairs and the charger for about £15.00. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

let us know how you get on KK, i just read the feedback and some of it wasnt so encouraging, people have been stung for import taxes and duties. if your order comes ok, then i'll be ordering something after christmas

Thanks, KK. I've just checked Pricerunner, one of the many UK comparative shopping sites, and the cheapest for your camera is £199 including delivery. So a very useful saving! :)

However, for the Canon A80 their price is £265 delivered compared with several UK-based firms at £269 via Pricerunner. This includes next day delivery.

It certainly looks as though it's worth checking out both.

Some other useful links:

www.pricerunner.co.uk

www.dealtime.co.uk

www.kelkoo.co.uk

[ 16. December 2003, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Steve Burke ]

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net