Post SP4 problems.

*Ant*

I have Norton SystemWorks on my pc and tried to run Optimize Performance - Speed Disk for the first time since downloading Service Pack 4 the other day. I now get an error message saying - "Speed disk is designed to run with Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0, service pack 3 or later. It will not run on Windows NT 3.51."

Can anyone explain what's going on and if there is a solution?

I deffinately downloaded SP4 with all the attached patches and fixes.

Very much puzzled, Ant :confused:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Ant - with XP I would use only the built-in defrag app. It works some in the background all the time and likes to arrange things differently than Norton.

I used Norton's defrag for years but with XP have stopped using it although I still have the full Norton suite available and use the other parts.

Trouble is, the second you get a Norton defrag completed, XP starts to re-arrange things in such a way that Norton sees it as fragmentation.

But with the issue you are seeing you have some other Norton problems that just haven't made themselves obvious at this point. Best bet is to completely remove and then reinstall it.

- disconnect from the internet and use add/remove programs to remove it

- Reboot and reinstall

If you aren't able to completely (or even partly) remove it via add/remove, check Here for manual removal instructions.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President