How do I upload my site??

Chris Goddard

I have tried and better tried and cannot seem to find the magic formula to upload my site to anywhere??!!

I have so many books on the subject of Web-Sites that they are seriously cramping the style of my fishing books!!

I have a (Serious) amount of cd's about Html this and website that! I really could go on all day. (Even Elton has stopped answering my e-mails (Mostly begging ones!!)about a site, but then again If I was as busy as he!?)

I can build a site with the aid of say Serif Web Plus 8 or Frontpage(Office 2000 I think) but I do not seem to be able to get the bloomin thing to upload!! Please someone help me!! There could be a small reward in it for anyone willing to take me on!! But this task is NOT for the faint hearted!! I can assure you!!

I've just got a site of sorts up @

www.chris-goddard.co.uk but that was a private consultation as part of a Business Studies course I've just completed.

Contact me as above please, and not via the site as I am unable to get the ruddy e-mail addy to work on that!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Forget using the upload feature in FP its crap!

You need an FTP uploader which there is loads on the internet free.

The one i was recommended and still use is this one

Freeace FTP

Its free, its only a small download and really is very very very easy to use.

Once you have put your ftp (Where you want to uplaod it to) its saved in there, so you can just upload more to the same address without typing the address and passwords in again.

BRILLIANT!

Thats how i upload my site (Address under my name;))

Good luck

Lee Wood

My anglersnet gold award winning website:www.fishyworld.co.uk

Chris...if your still struggling when you read this..mail me through AN and I will help you out.

I'm away all of Sunday but should be able to get you up and running early next week.. Failing that...I'll e-mail Elton. :D:D:D:D

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Chris,

Here's a snapshot of my in-tray as of 14:20 today:

pendingtray.jpg

:D

Do you have webspace available to upload your site to? i.e. have you 'booked' space with your ISP, or do you have free space somewhere? That is the first step.

Have you built the site yet?

If yes to both of the above, the next bit is fairly simple. You can even do it in Explorer if you have XP.

TL,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

lee wood:

Forget using the upload feature in FP its crap!

You need an FTP uploader which there is loads on the internet free.

The one i was recommended and still use is this one

Freeace FTP

Its free, its only a small download and really is very very very easy to use.

Once you have put your ftp (Where you want to uplaod it to) its saved in there, so you can just upload more to the same address without typing the address and passwords in again.

BRILLIANT!

Thats how i upload my site (Address under my name;))

Good luck

yes i had this problem for years.

get your self a ftp uploader, you can use the one from lee, or try this one.

http://www.cuteftp.com/

anyways since i have used this ftp uploader i feel like a new man .(my wife she worries about me!)

good luck... aw sod the luck you don't need it anymore.

happy days :cool:

Thanks for the replies Guys!! Steve I'll be in touch. Elton!! Ya Bugga!! If you weren't such a nice guy (and bigger and younger than me and I wanted a favour an.....) That's called showing off!!

Yes I have space and a domain and some guy has started putting up a site and that's wher the problem lies!! It's terrible! But how can you say that to somone who is doing it for nowt!! My site at www.chris-goddard.co.uk is a temp site until/when I get my site up and running!! I really do need to find something to get me going, it's driving me bonkers!! Your site Elton is A1 as far as I am concerned!! But as you will not let me know wher and when and how much?! Oh well!! Steve are you out there?!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Try http://www.oscommerce.com

It's free software

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks Elton! (I do appreciate how busy you must be!!) and Steve! Private massage on it's way Steve!

Chris

Chris Goddard